Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you all for your input. I decided to go with Mystery Ranch and ordered the Overload 3 Zip pack. Will let u all know how I like it once I have a chance to try it out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a Badland's Ox. It is a great pack and the warranty is top notch. My brother and myself both bought a large because we are 6'1" and 6'3". The belts on the large packs wouldn't cinch up tight enough so I called badlands and they rushed two new belts to us in 3 days for free, no questions asked. I have also sent my Badland's day pack in for repairs and they did an excellent job. The bag can be removed and the frame pack itself weighs less than 1.5 lbs. I think badland's is one of the top pack companies on the market. The one thing I don't like is they are not made in the States.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I absolutely love my Eberlestock blue widow and my Eberlestock V90. I train with 78 lbs. in the v90 and i just returned from three separate three - four day elk bow hunts using the blue widow every day for the second year in a row. if i had gone in farther with a partner we would have brought the v90 in as well. I've done a little minor maintenance on some abused seams but these things are everything they claim to be and more IMHO. I love all the well thought out engineered features. Tough as nails and resist rain infiltration awesome. Spent up to five hours per day in the rain with no leakage whatsoever. never used the rain cover either. Gannet Ridge in Fort Collins will make you a sweet deal. They did for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations

My Stone Glacier Terminus pack was bombproof for me all month.

I used it filming and hunting since Aug 30th to this past Sat.

After tons and tons of miles of high country use spike camping every few miles and hauling out my first elk on two trips of 2 miles each up steep and nasty terrain, the pack is minimalistic yet highly functional. .

My cardio on the other hand, was not up to par

Highly recommend it.

Rudy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My Kifaru Timberline 1 is fantastic. The build quality, customization, functionality, and comfort are top shelf. I really don't see any reason for me to get another pack for the kind of hunting I do for a long time. Buy once, cry once. <-- It took me four packs so I can't say that I took that bit of advice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You might look at the paradox pack as well. It is light weight (sub 4 lbs in most configurations ) , can carry a load very well, can be used without a bag for humping quarters or day use , and the frame height is adjustable

Full disclosure I am the co designer

Kevin

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Crown, with Mystery Ranch if you get a bag with the nice frame, you have the option of getting a lift kit for the frame. This will keep your load lifters functional when the bag is separated from the frame to haul meat, or being your case where you are so tall it will benefit you. I just got my Metcalf and have loved it, tons of room for a 5 day hunt, but can also compress down for day hunts. Talk to Andrew at Mystery Ranch he is very knowledgeable and can help you out.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've owned a Badlands 2200 and 2800, Blacks Creek Westerner and Canadian(neither are made anymore), Eberlestock Blue Widow and J104. All of those packs have made it down the road, I run a Mystery Ranch Nice Frame with lift-kit and a long bow for 95% of what I do, that includes 3 day backcountry hunts, anything longer I'm using my Metcalf. I've used a Stone Glacier once and that was a hell of a nice pack too!! I had to borrow it while I was waiting on a repair to my nice frame, fell out of the truck doing 75mph on the freeway and broke one of the buckles. Spend the extra money now, you'll save yourself thousands in the long run.
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown backcountry View Post
    Thank you all for your input. I decided to go with Mystery Ranch and ordered the Overload 3 Zip pack. Will let u all know how I like it once I have a chance to try it out.
    Bump.. How do/did you like the pack?

I used a Blue widow last year and didn't have any issues with it. This year I'll be using a icon pack.