Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Senate vote on Background checks

Is anybody following the Senate vote today? Frow what I've read it's a gun grabbers delight. The bill that's being presented by the 2 dimwit Senators was supposedly written by Senator Chuck (gimmie your guns) Schumer. I e-mailed both of my senators and told them to kill the bill & support our second ammendment rights, I hope everyone here did the same!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Is anybody following the Senate vote today? Frow what I've read it's a gun grabbers delight. The bill that's being presented by the 2 dimwit Senators was supposedly written by Senator Chuck (gimmie your guns) Schumer. I e-mailed both of my senators and told them to kill the bill & support our second ammendment rights, I hope everyone here did the same!
    I'd e-mail my senator, but it wouldn't do much good. She's driving the gimmie your guns train.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I watched to vote on cspan! Remember this is only a vote to see if the Senate will debate the bill, not on the bill itself.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    JMSZ, that is precisely why you need to email or call her. They were voted in by the people to do the will of the people. They were not voted into office to do what the hell they want to do.
    We the people need to remember WE run the government and remind them of that too. Speak up. One voice adds up. I know. My voice made a difference. The voice of one to get politics moving and now we can hunt wolfs, and our hunters reports are not legally public record. Your voice may be a great start. Speak up and be the voice she needs to hear.
    Last edited by wolftalonID; 04-11-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    JMSZ, that is precisely why you need to email or call her. They were voted in by the people to do the will of the people. They were not voted into office to do what the hell they want to do.
    We the people need to remember WE run the government and remind them of that too. Speak up. One voice adds up. I know. My voice made a difference. The voice of one to get politics moving and now we can hunt wolfs, and our hunters reports are not legally public record. Your voice may be a great start. Speak up and be the voice she needs to hear.
    Yeah...E-mail or phone Her....Be a PEST!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +3 Let your voice be heard!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For all of you Okies out there contact our Senator Coburn at 202-224-5754. I've done called him. Wouldn't be a bad idea for everyone on this forum to list our State Senators contact info. We are all in this together. United We Stand! Divided We Fall! It is our God Given Right to Bear Arms! Our Soldiers fight & die for our Freedom. I will not sit here & remain silent. If I go down it will be swinging! Remember they work for us & remember to ask God to help us. To restore our Nation, to make her what she was in the day of George Washington. When our leaders got on their knees & seeked guidance from God! Stand up & fight! I've got 4 children & I don't want see them loose their liberties one at a time! It is time to let our voice be heard!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    I understand the sentiment, but we're dealing with Feinstein and Boxer.

When Feinstein was the mayor of San Francisco, she pushed through a city ordinance banning the ownership of guns within city limits. Her lawyers told her that she had no legal authority to do so and the law was struck down by a court again because she had no legal authority to do so.

So, she has made it plainly clear that she doesn't care what the law or anybody says, she's going to do whatever she wants to do.

Half this state belongs to the "You poor, silly, ignorant creature, you obviously don't how to take care of yourself, so we'll do it for you" crowd and Feinstein's gun ban ideas are right up their alley.

I sent an e-mail back in January or February and asked her if the part in her bill about registering all banned weapons was going to be accomplished by sending law enforcement door-to-door. I also asked for a response from the Senator, even if it was dictated to an aide, instead of a form letter.

Haven't heard anything back on that yet and I don't really expect a form letter, let alone anything else.

If you guys have any sway with your senators, by all means, take advantage of it and maybe even remind them that 50% of the population of California (and a few other states) is effectively silenced on this issue precisely because our senators choose to ignore us.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Received this e-mail update today from the NRA,

Statement from Chris W. Cox on U.S. Senate Defeat of Manchin-Toomey-Schumer Amendment

Today, the misguided Manchin-Toomey-Schumer proposal failed in the U.S. Senate. This amendment would have criminalized certain private transfers of firearms between honest citizens, requiring lifelong friends, neighbors and some family members to get federal government permission to exercise a fundamental right or face prosecution. As we have noted previously, expanding background checks, at gun shows or elsewhere, will not reduce violent crime or keep our kids safe in their schools.

The NRA will continue to work with Republicans and Democrats who are committed to protecting our children in schools, prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law, and fixing our broken mental health system. We are grateful for the hard work and leadership of those Senators who chose to pursue meaningful solutions to our nation’s most pressing problems.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It did my heart good to see that whinny presdident of ours blame everybody else except his party for the failure of this ammendment. Blaming the NRA and all of its efforts. Blaming others for the lies that were spread. I guess he ought to know about lieing! Thankyou NRA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BKC For This Useful Post: