Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The thing to remember is they will never give up, neither will we! With all the BS going on here at the state level, it is easy to lose focus on the big picture. I recently sent another check to the NRA-ILA to help with this continuing battle. Here in Colorado, we need to really get our 2 Senators out.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Right you are Cowboy. This is no time to "Bask in the Glow" of Victory. The gun-grabbing Democrats & RINO's will be back. As will our current lame duck president O'Bummer and Crazy uncle Joe Biden. Who knows what's in their bag of dirty tricks?Don't rule out "Presidential Decrees" either...or tacked on ammendments. Like O'Bama said, this isn't the end...it's just the beginning!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There is something that still stumps me with this whole debate.

There are reams of data to back up the fact that what the anti-gunners propose doesn't work.

Case in point is Schumer's claim that a concealed carry law proposed for New Your would turn the state into the OK Corral. That exact same line was used when Florida and Michigan had ballots up to become shall-issue states. Both states became shall-issue and neither state has had a problem.

Yet, not a single Republican, NRA member or anybody else mentions that or asks Schumer to provide evidence.

Same kind of thing when Michael Bloomberg said that the NRA and others pushed to legalize carry on Amtrak and that tool said that it was because people were worried about train robberies back in the 1800s. The reality was that taking a gun on an Amtrak train was the same as taking one on an airplane, i.e., unloaded, locked in a case, no ammunition, so a person with a carry permit couldn't legally carry their weapon loaded and on their person from point A to point B on an Amtrak train.

Same thing, though, nobody calls him on it.

I have to give senator Cruz from Texas big kudos for taking Feinstein to task, unfortunately, the big new organizations don't bother to air little tidbits like that or the one of Feinstein saying that she'd confiscate every firearm if she could get the votes.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you haven't read the bill, you might want to take a look at it. I know it was voted down, and that is fine. Pages 12-14 are some of the most important, as they protect the right of family ownership and transfer of firearms, and the rights of responsible hunters and trappers to use firearms in the field. You can be your own judge. There is no language in the bill requiring any sort of forfeiture of firearms. I hope we never see a day when the second amendment is fundamentally challenged. http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/n...e_gun_bill.pdf

Thanks
    Congratulations
    These ammendments were put forth to entice those who were against the bill to vote for it.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Got an email from John Tester telling my why he voted for the bill. I've got to believe his constituents in Montana will remember that vote next time his term is up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was sure glad to see it didnt pass! Im sure there is alot more coming but if we keep fighting we can beat them too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I actually got an e-mail back from "Diane Feinstein" yesterday. It wasn't a form letter, but it had the guts of a form letter "Dear Mr. JMSZ, thank you for your comments, I welcome the opportunity to tell you what I think about this issue."

That was literally the initial response, followed by a couple of paragraphs about mass killings and how guns are bad, etc.

She didn't bother to answer the question I asked her about whether she expected law enforcement to conduct searches of homes to accomplish the registration of grandfathered "assault weapons".
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ID_MW View Post
    If you haven't read the bill, you might want to take a look at it. I know it was voted down, and that is fine. Pages 12-14 are some of the most important, as they protect the right of family ownership and transfer of firearms, and the rights of responsible hunters and trappers to use firearms in the field. You can be your own judge. There is no language in the bill requiring any sort of forfeiture of firearms. I hope we never see a day when the second amendment is fundamentally challenged. http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/n...e_gun_bill.pdf
    Count on them trying to get it in somewhere. What seriously irks me at this point is that they will sneak it in somewhere and then some poor guy is going to be forced to drag a court case all the way to the Supreme Court to have the law ruled as being un-Constitutional and Feinstein.

What I want to see happen is politicians and bureaucrats being forced to prove that the government has the Constitutional authority to pass a law in the first place and facing jail time if they don't and it is later determined that there was no authority.

They infringe upon the rights of people and force people and courts to waste huge amounts of time and money fighting these laws, but then get walk away as if nothing happened.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well for those of you who have not yet taken the time. Remember to email your senators and thank them for voting no.....or chastise them for voting yes for this bill. Try to sound more rational than a scowling lip hanging low arms crossed Bidden when doing so because we don't need to look like whiners who want to take their ball and go home. We need to be firm in reminding them who they work for not control. Be sure we are expressing our great excitement that our rights were protected by the ones we trust to see to it every year!
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com