Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Healthy Lifestyle.....!!!!

Are you healthy? The question is so common but important. There is no alternative of good health. Eat variety of good foods for maintaining healthy weight. Take fruits and vegetables which has lot of water content like watermelons, cucumbers and white pumpkin.. Adopt some real physical activity for getting fitness. Never skip your physical activity. What's your suggestions for making body and mind healthy??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with you.. very important aspect in life. The only way you can be successful in doing this is by placing as a top priority In life, it is just too easy to let slip. Its important for yourself, your spouse, your family and our society.

Great post.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Still hunting elk alone in the high country at 70. You don't do that if you're a couch potato.

I used to manage a gym, so i've lived healthy all my life.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I wish I was a more healthy guy. It seems I always think about what I eat but in the end I eat what I like and what I like is not the best or healthy. I get plenty of exercise at work and have a plan about a month before I start hunting to get in better shape.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Still hunting elk alone in the high country at 70. You don't do that if you're a couch potato.

I used to manage a gym, so i've lived healthy all my life.
    My hat's off to you Old Hunter and everyone else still out there amoung them at 70! You don't just warm up for the hunt a month ahead of time in order to be able to actively participate in these out door adventures when you are old. It has to come from a lifetime of committment - i.e. living the healthy active lifestyle over a period of years. No pain, no gain! I too, am in my 70's and I don't intend to let it slow me down very much. Here is self taken picture of me on my way in to my bivy camp in Nevada last fall.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I could keep out of the scotch collection, I'd be much healthier. I have cut out craft beer, too delicious and too many calories.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's a matter of taking a different outlook on food. I don't look at food as a form of enjoyment. I look at it as fuel for my body. I'd no more put bad fuel in my body than I would in my Jeep.

Commitments are usually not easy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 2 Posts
    Healthy lifestyle for me i'd like to say at 53 i'm in the best shape of my life for years i thought i was eating good and working in const. i thought i was getting enough physical activity that was before a backpack arch. hunt in Nevada i did ok but the Mountain got the better half of me. Ever thing changed for me after that trip and ever thing i do know is to get back up at mountain in Nevada and and arrow a mule deer and don't come out with out horns and meat.Healthy lifestyle is not the same for all it all come down to what works for you for me heres what i do.

Food I try to stay away from
    Soy
    Corn
    Gluten
    Dairy
    Sugar and artificial sweeteners
    Eggs
    Peanuts
    alcohol

What i try to eat and drink
    game meat
    free range beef
    organic feed chicken
    salmon
    veg. and fruits
    lots of water
    plant-based protein shakes made by (vega one)
    nuts

physical activity
    mountain bike three days a week 10 mile rides with 2000 ft elev. gain
    weights two hour a week
    i try to run or walk in the hills once a week
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What you eat is, in my experience, more important than how much you eat. If you eat better food, your appetite will regulate itself.

Europeans eat on a daily basis what many Americans consider luxuries and in many cases are considered to be "bad", but Europeans don't have the health problems, including the obesity problems, that are endemic in America.

A lot of it can be tied to excess processing of food, which includes processing to give a longer shelf life, processing to modify it's taste, usually through the addition of sugar and/or salt and even processing the food in a way that will cause it to make you hungry more frequently, hence causing you to buy more of that food.

I plan (and hope to follow through) on being in my 70s and still being out hunting. Old Hunter and Mt-Mike, guys like you give me something to look forward to, so thank you.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm still out there, but i'm walking up mountains I used to run up.

You can fool father time only so much.