Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Eastmans E News

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    978
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 130 Times in 105 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    In my personal opinion there should be one single tag for each specie for each state per year given outside the draw. On odd years these tags would be raffled off and on even years they would be auctioned off. Not 365 day seasons either. You hunt with everyone else in any open area.
    I find that to be an incredibly fair proposition. On the years that the tag gets auctioned, those with infinitely deep pockets can bid the price up to $10m, if they wanted.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    1,605
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 194 Times in 152 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    It won't happen that way. Part of the fiscal cliff mess included a cap set on charitable contributions.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,514
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 394 Times in 299 Posts
    Congratulations
    7
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Guy has some real good points.

    One thing we really have to be vigilant about is how this money is used as he points out. Many, many years ago California started using stamps on their licenses. First it was trout, then stripers, upland game, ocean enhancement and so on. The money was supposed to be used to benefit the particular thing the stamp was bought for. First was the trout stamp which was to benefit the hatchery network. The trout fisherman would pay for THEIR fishery. Well a few years ago an indepth audit was done and it was found that the $$$ was mostly going into the California General Fund. Seems the legislature couldn't keep their hands off of it. (Sounds like Social Security right!)

    We have to really what these politicians are doing.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,102
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 151 Times in 115 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Guy has some real good points.

    One thing we really have to be vigilant about is how this money is used as he points out. Many, many years ago California started using stamps on their licenses. First it was trout, then stripers, upland game, ocean enhancement and so on. The money was supposed to be used to benefit the particular thing the stamp was bought for. First was the trout stamp which was to benefit the hatchery network. The trout fisherman would pay for THEIR fishery. Well a few years ago an indepth audit was done and it was found that the $$$ was mostly going into the California General Fund. Seems the legislature couldn't keep their hands off of it. (Sounds like Social Security right!)

    We have to really what these politicians are doing.
    Look at how the California lotto started and where the money goes now!

    Look at how many tags Nevada gives away also. I literally lost track of all of the raffles and special tags. Becoming a rich mans sport

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Joseph Or
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well said Guy! I like it!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a public resource you are auctioning off and if you bought 100,000,000 ballpoint pens with the money it should be public record.


    If these are public resources then why can't non residents hunt NATIONAL forest wilderness areas without a guide in Wyoming. There's another double standard that benefits one not the other.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 60 Times in 50 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nwwa huner View Post
    This is a public resource you are auctioning off and if you bought 100,000,000 ballpoint pens with the money it should be public record.


    If these are public resources then why can't non residents hunt NATIONAL forest wilderness areas without a guide in Wyoming. There's another double standard that benefits one not the other.
    That was done by an AG (ranching) controlled legislature, lobbied by Ranchers & Outfitters. Anyone can fish, hike, birdwatch or play pocket-pool in the wilderness...you just can't hunt in it! I agree...it sucks!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 60 Times in 50 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good ideas Guy, did you forget about the (Wyoming) Senators, Congress rep. G&F commisioners tags? Most of those were any area tags too....limited quota/hard to draw tags.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    513
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's next, a poor man drawing a great tag and selling it for $200k? I mean why not right?

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    What's next, a poor man drawing a great tag and selling it for $200k? I mean why not right?
    In New Mexico you can sell the raffle tag!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. E-news!
    By ScottR in forum Back at the Tailgate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 08:27 AM
  2. Any news on Unit 64
    By jjam894 in forum Antelope
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM
  3. Sad News For North Idaho
    By MountainMann in forum Idaho
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
  4. Wolf News Thread!
    By Livesilly in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
  5. Bear News
    By RUTTIN in forum Utah
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •