Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Colorado's Loss, Wyoming's Gain??

In the Wyo news today, they talked about Wyo trying to get a gunsmithing school started in the Cody region. This is in part of all the gun companies leaving Colorado and looking North to Wyoming. This would be great for our state to get these businesses to move in. Hopefully this will all go through and help adding to Wyomings already great number of opportunities for its residents.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    The people in Colorado who really don't care mostly live in the I 25 route around Denver. They really don't care if these companies leave the state. On Monday I picked up a gun I had bought from a distributor (who happens to be a World champion Cowboy Action shooter) and he told me he is leaving SW Colorado and moving to Texas. He says the business climate is much better and so are the gun laws. He also told me that he considered relocating to Wyoming, but the weather was a factor when compared to Texas.

When I was looking at future retirement locations, It came down to SW Colorado and Lander, Wy. If I had it to do over, Lander is where I would be, but I have too much invested here in the last 13 years to move now.

I imagine there is more to come as these new laws take effect in July.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There are several guys in the office that have hunted Colorado every year that will not be doing so this year as a boycott due to the anti gun legislation that was recently passed. Not sure if thats the right thing to do as the folks most effected by the boycott would probably be pro-gun folks (outfitters, hotels outside of denver, restraurants, etc..)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 2 Posts
    I was reading the Denver Post a couple days ago ( it is a liberal rag by the way). I read a comment from a Colorado resident that was ecstatic that nonresidents were boycotting Colorado and less will be hunting here this year. Either this was an uneducated and unthoughtful gun owner/ hunter or a liberal. Most hunters in Colorado that are so happy that non resident numbers may be down will be crying alligator tears when our resident tags go up in price because Colorado is loosing nonresident revenue. This person also doesn't care about all of the small businesses and towns that will suffer from this. People need to wise up, I agree with the boycott. That doesn't mean that I am happy people are going to suffer because a bunch of transplant idiots from California and the east coast are pushing their crap politics on us out west. If the Dow starts to notice a lack of funds due to the loss of nonresident tag sales they better no start crying about it. I haven't seen them come out once against this BS legislation or in support of hunters/gun owners.
    Last edited by In God We Trust; 04-18-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
    I was reading the Denver Post a couple days ago ( it is a liberal rag by the way). I read a comment from a Colorado resident that was ecstatic that nonresidents were boycotting Colorado and less will be hunting here this year. Either this was an uneducated and unthoughtful gun owner/ hunter or a liberal. Most hunters in Colorado that are so happy that non resident numbers may be down will be crying alligator tears when our resident tags go up in price because Colorado is loosing nonresident revenue. This person also doesn't care about all of the small businesses and towns that will suffer from this. People need to wise up, I agree with the boycott. That doesn't mean that I am happy people are going to suffer because a bunch of transplant idiots from California and the east coast are pushing their crap politics on us out west. If the Dow starts to notice a lack of funds due to the loss of nonresident tag sales they better no start crying about it. I haven't seen them come out once against this BS legislation or in support of hunters/gun owners.
    Just to let you know: The CDOW (now Parks and Wildlife) is forbidden by law to take any sides or make any comments on any political issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 2 Posts
    Yeah I was wrong to call out the CDOW on this topic. I talked to one of the guys from their office and he explained to me that they are not allowed to speak out on political issues or pending legislation. Sheriffs fall into a different category because they are elected. I meant to clear this up Friday after I got off the phone with him.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by trkytrack2 View Post
    Just to let you know: The CDOW (now Parks and Wildlife) is forbidden by law to take any sides or make any comments on any political issues.
    Just takes walking in the office the first morning after Election Day to get a feel for their opinions. I've never seen people so excited about the funding for their jobs and their retirement/SS put in jeopardy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Since 1970, I have spent about 40 days a year in Colorado, mostly in the back country, sometimes solo backpacking. Now I am almost 71 years old and boycotted the hunting. I regret this might hurt the goal of some friends in the CDOW, that is not my goal. I still have the 2nd home at 8700 ft and will visit as often as possible, heck, it has crossed my mind to buy an over the counter elk tag but compared to what I spent in Colorado last year, it won't be much.
    The bottom is fast approaching.