Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks

Malloy does it again

Judge denies request to lift wolf protections
    By Keith Ridler - Associated Press
    Published: 04/09/11

BOISE, Idaho — A federal judge has denied a proposed settlement agreement between the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and 10 conservation groups that would have lifted endangered species protections for wolves in Montana and Idaho.
    U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy in Missoula on Saturday rejected the agreement that could have led to public hunting of some 1,300 wolves in the two states.
    Molloy in the 24-page decision cited the court's lack of authority to put part of an endangered species population under state management and expose that population to hunting.
    He also says he can't approve the settlement proposed in March because not all the parties involved in the case agreed with it.

- It would be great if they used a panel of judges that have different views of the situation instead of Judge Malloy who is doing his best to keep the wolf-lovers happy

Thanks
    I've been watching for his decision but I must have missed it. This is pretty sad as it is nothing but politics! These folks are thinking with and making decisions on emotions as well and not science based facts. Let the experts manage the wolves and keep Judge Molloy and the rest of his group out of the picture!

Thanks
    This was predictable with this judge. I don't know of any decision he has ever made in favor of common sense.

Thanks
    The only one he made was allowing us to hunt them in Idaho and Montana 2 seasons ago. Being that it was successful, he realized his hope of it being a failure was wrong, so now he must make sure it doesnt happen again... Its ridiculous that one man can stop the successful wildlife control of an entire region even though he personally has absolutely no clue about what is truly going on.

Thanks
    Too bad Judge Malloy hasn't had a tragic accident...just kidding, kinda.

Thanks
    Tried to write a comment but am at a loss for words..Actions speak louder anyway..

Thanks
    Do you think Judge Malloy lives a normal life and walks the streets of the town he resides in? Would seem to me if I was making some of the Decisions this clown was making that I would be scared to show my face in puplic.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sticknbiggens View Post
    Do you think Judge Malloy lives a normal life and walks the streets of the town he resides in? Would seem to me if I was making some of the Decisions this clown was making that I would be scared to show my face in puplic.
    Self righteous, self serving people like this walk around proud of themselves, knowing they are better and smarter than everyone else! I don't know how we let our courts get filled with jay birds like this!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Oh he walks proud as heck, the city he lives in is one of the heaviest supporting cities of pro-wolves...Missoula, MT. Most people I know up there in MT refuse to claim that city as one of their own..

Thanks
    Dont worry guys, the budget bill that just got passed, has a wolf ridder on it. They are officially delisted by congress as soon as this budget bill gets published this week into law!!!! SO Malloy can go sit on a canine tooth for all we care now!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!! Got to love Idaho politics!!!
    I hunt because........