Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't think the apache is limb driven but not 100% sure on that and I don't know if that is a big deal to you or not. Personally, if you are going to get a new rest, I would do it right the first time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    Has anybody shot the NAP apache rest? Looks like a good rest for the money and it has all of the features of the trophy taker smackdown for less money. Got good reviews on Cabelas too. Any advise on this rest?
    I had the Apache on my bow for about a week and sold it. It is a good rest. Its accurate, quiet, has pretty good containment, but its heavy and if you have a little bit of a hump to get over in your draw cycle before the valley, it will flick you arrow up in the air ever so slightly. After it does that, you have to wait a second for the arrow to go back to the center of the rest. Other than that its a pretty good option, but I ended up going with the QAD like DryFlyGuy. The biggest difference is the price. The Apache is about half the price of the QAD, but I liked being able to pull back and let down without the rest dropping so I decided to change. My advice is to get the best rest in your budget. I have never shot a limb driven rest, but I hear that is the hot ticket. Typically they are a little more expensive than the ones served into the cable from what I have seen, but you usually get what you pay for. Just keep doing research and get the best rest you can afford, but I would definitely recommend a drop away of some sort.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In answer to your QUESTION, Yes helical will fly from a whisker biscuit. I'm shooting 3* helical out of my PSE X-force GX w/ whisker biscuit and it will shoot better than I can!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    I don't think the apache is limb driven but not 100% sure on that and I don't know if that is a big deal to you or not. Personally, if you are going to get a new rest, I would do it right the first time.
    What are the pro's to a limb driven rest that make it better than a cable activated rest?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    What are the pro's to a limb driven rest that make it better than a cable activated rest?
    Easier tuning on the bow no problems twisting cables and worrying about your cord, easy installation, no timing concerns. They also say activates faster as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    For what its worth you can put whatever helical you want and it will still shoot fine through the Whisker Biscuit. If you plan on shooting a dropaway there are plenty of options that will work just fine. I have used the QAD, G5, TT's, Apache, Rip Cord, Hamskea just recently, I'm sure there is more but those are just off the top of my head. I find no matter what I have gone to I still always seem to fall back on the QAD HDX is the current model. These are really tough to beat but they are a cable driven. After spending the last few years with a cable driven rest in a few different brands I am back to a cable driven.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    For what its worth you can put whatever helical you want and it will still shoot fine through the Whisker Biscuit. If you plan on shooting a dropaway there are plenty of options that will work just fine. I have used the QAD, G5, TT's, Apache, Rip Cord, Hamskea just recently, I'm sure there is more but those are just off the top of my head. I find no matter what I have gone to I still always seem to fall back on the QAD HDX is the current model. These are really tough to beat but they are a cable driven. After spending the last few years with a cable driven rest in a few different brands I am back to a cable driven.
    Sorry the end of that I meant to say the last few years I spent quite a bit of time with limb driven rests and back to a cable driven

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is my first post.....and my opinion.

You will be fine with a 3 degree offset and a Whisker Biscuit. That's what I'm using with no issues what so ever.

I shot drop away rests for many years and swore by them. Then one day at the range my arrows were hitting in the 3 ring....flying really goofy. Turns out my drop down rest had become rusted internally due to shooting in the rain.....and it wasn't dropping fast enough to clear my vanes.

Many folks like drop down rests....all my buddies shoot them....but I will stick with the Whisker Biscuit. It's just one less thing I have to worry about going bad during a hunt. I shoot the same scores with either rest set up. My 2 cents worth.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadsled9 View Post
    This is my first post.....and my opinion.

You will be fine with a 3 degree offset and a Whisker Biscuit. That's what I'm using with no issues what so ever.

I shot drop away rests for many years and swore by them. Then one day at the range my arrows were hitting in the 3 ring....flying really goofy. Turns out my drop down rest had become rusted internally due to shooting in the rain.....and it wasn't dropping fast enough to clear my vanes.

Many folks like drop down rests....all my buddies shoot them....but I will stick with the Whisker Biscuit. It's just one less thing I have to worry about going bad during a hunt. I shoot the same scores with either rest set up. My 2 cents worth.
    Welcome to the forum leadsled9 and thanks for contributing on your first post instead of asking all for the honey hole in a unit you have never been to.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    Welcome to the forum leadsled9 and thanks for contributing on your first post instead of asking all for the honey hole in a unit you have never been to.
    Thanks for the welcome tdub24. This looks like a great forum.