Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

It was like a feeding frenzy!

My local Rifle & Pistol Club puts on a 3 day Gun/Knife Show every year. It is this weekend. Started yesterday (Friday) and goes thru Sunday. We expanded it and now call it a Gun Show/Sportsman's Expo. Sold 250+ tables, opened at 5PM yesterday and closed at 9pm. Opens back up today at 9AM. I had a lot of misc stuff I wanted to sell so I bought a table ($55). I had my old TC Black Diamond ML, a 10 ga sxs, 25 boxes of 10 ga ammo, a Colt .38 Police Spec Rev and some excess bullets, powder and other stuff my Dad had that I got after he passed.

I sold everything in 3 hours, net is over $3,000!!! Never seen anything like it. Show was packed with people with plenty of $$$. Bricks of .22 LR going for $80.00....absolutely insane. I am going back today to pick up my setup stuf and bringing it home....nothing left to sell, besides I need to get ready for the Friends of the NRA dinner tonight.

Best thing of all is that I ordered my T/C Encor ProHunter ML from Cabelas.....with some of the procedes of course. the rest goes into my hunting fund.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    $80 for a brick of .22?!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Good deal CC! It has been like that across America, everybody worried the government is going to take their weapons. I say Obama is the greatest gun salesman in the history of this nation!!! Best of luck with your new ML, I own the same one and love it dearly. Couple cautions you may be interested in, 1) I had the butt stock just fall off while transporting it back to the truck on a ATV. So I took some Loctite and secured the bolt. 2) For whatever reason, the forend bolts were backwards. Made the ramrod not fit correctly, but that was an easy fix.

Once again, congrats on the quick sell of your things.

Thanks
    I'm seeing .22 ammo advertised up here for that amount, it's crazy!

Did you find a .375 No.1?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaviator View Post

Did you find a .375 No.1?
    None at the show, but there are a couple on GunBroker that come up in 3 or 4 days. So we'll see.

Actually I guess this is the first gun show I've been to when I didn't buy anything!!! Did see a shotgun I kinda liked. It was a Remington 870 pump in .410. I already have a 28, 20, and 2 12s and would like to have a .410. Price was right, but it was matte finishe and the stock was pretty beatup. I could have bought it for $200.00, passed.

All in all was a great show. Getting ready to go to the Friends of NRA dinner/auction tonight. Several of us are dressing up in all out cowboy finary (going heeled too with both my SSA Colt .45s) to provide a little color and security at the dinner. Should be fun.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 04-27-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    That is nuts! Congrats on making out like a bandit

Thanks
    NRA Dinner was fun last night. Did not come home with anything. The auction prices were way too high for me and I donated a door prize I won back as i really didn't want it (a hand carved duck decoy, I have several from past Ducks Unlimited dinners!).
    Colorado Cowboy
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Im seeing the same prices for .22, if you can even find them, and then if you do they will usually only sell you a box of 50. CC you proved that if you are willing to sell anything related to guns or ammo than you can find a buyer in a hurry.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    $80 for a brick of .22?!
    I actually saw some bricks for $100.00! Don't know if they sold, but who knows.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    The local gun shop got a shipment of 20 bricks in, one guy bought all 20 the first 5 minutes they were on the shelf. I don't know what he paid but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't ask for a ridiculous dollar amount on the local want ads. Probably get it too.