Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Wyoming places to see or eat

Well if I draw my antelope tag this year I'll be out there for 7 days antelope hunting and deer scouting for future deer hunt if I find anything good. I plan to make a trip to Cody to visit the Buffalo Bill center. Can anyone recommend one of those little restaurants that are just awesome. There's a BBQ place in Okmulgee OK that I have to stop at every time I'm down that way.

Thanks
    Hit up the Proudcut in downtown Cody for great steaks. Every time I come out of the Thorofare we head straight there for a beer and some bull fries, best I've had! All the food is great there and it has a neat atmosphere. They don't complain about stinky backcountry hunters hanging around the bar either.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Hit up the Proudcut in downtown Cody for great steaks. Every time I come out of the Thorofare we head straight there for a beer and some bull fries, best I've had! All the food is great there and it has a neat atmosphere. They don't complain about stinky backcountry hunters hanging around the bar either.
    Wow now I'm hungry just reading this. Good luck on tags!
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    "Suppertime! Go on boy and eat.... its good for ya."

Thanks
    Here are some of our favorites in Cody (I always keep notes on good places in my iPhone):

Cowboy Village Cabins: These are VERY nice log cabins built in 2006. Stayed there on a couple occasions. You can park your rig right in front of your cabin if you have a truck full of gear. My wife loved this place.

Proud Cut Restaurant: I second what Grizz said. Fantastic ribeye steak. Homestyle fries are great. Jumbo tempura shrimp are awesome.

Our Place Restaurant: Very good for breakfast.

Silver Dollar Bar and Grill: Awesome hamburgers.

Elk Horn Grill (Meeteetsee): My notes say "supposed to have a ribeye to die for"
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 05-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Dont forget about the historic Irma hotel....If your going to Cody for the first time, its worth the stop and great Prime Rib.

Thanks
    Had the Prime Rib at the Irma and it was great. There are a couple of other places I really like, but not for dinner. The general store in Farson has ice cream to die for and the yellow hardware stoe in Shoshone has a soda fountain with wonderful malts.

The Sushi place in Cody was a surprise. Didn't expect to find one there and it was pretty good too.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Cody Wyoming is a place I've wanted to visit for some time now but have never made a visit there. I even named my son Kody. An outdoor writer Jim Zumbo that I grew up reading in Outdoor Life magazine back in the 70's lives there. I really enjoyed reading Jim's articles and books. Back in the day, I can remember Jim writing that he thought Cody Wyoming was a awesome place for a hunter to be living and he moved there and he still lives there today. Thanks for the good ideas on places to visit in Cody Wyoming. Good thread!

Thanks
    I be headed up that way in november..... Can't wait to check some of those places out.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Well looks like I have some places to try, Proudcut will be tried for sure.