Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Here are some of our favorites in Cody (I always keep notes on good places in my iPhone):

Cowboy Village Cabins: These are VERY nice log cabins built in 2006. Stayed there on a couple occasions. You can park your rig right in front of your cabin if you have a truck full of gear. My wife loved this place.

Proud Cut Restaurant: I second what Grizz said. Fantastic ribeye steak. Homestyle fries are great. Jumbo tempura shrimp are awesome.

Our Place Restaurant: Very good for breakfast.

Silver Dollar Bar and Grill: Awesome hamburgers.

Elk Horn Grill (Meeteetsee): My notes say "supposed to have a ribeye to die for"
    Hey! That is a local hang out, keep it down.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was all excited for a big steak in Cody, but we just changed our route on our trip to SD next week. I will be in Casper on Thursday. Somebody spill the beans on the good steakhouses(local hangouts) in Casper. Promise we will just stop, eat, and leave.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm having trouble putting sushi in the same sentence with a moniker like Colorado Cowboy!

+1 on the Cowboy Village Hotel and the Irma Hotel, also the Cody Museum.

I'm planning to be near Cody next weekend. Might have to check out the favorites you guys were nice enough to post.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    I'm having trouble putting sushi in the same sentence with a moniker like Colorado Cowboy!
    In my other life I had several Japanese engineers who worked for me They are the ones who introduced me to the culinary delights os Sushi. I like spicy food and lots of it is pretty hot. I also did a lot of long range tuna sportfishing and we had sushimi a lot, it is really great too. When you put enough Wasaby on something, your taste buds go into hibernation, so you figure it out.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Had the Prime Rib at the Irma and it was great. There are a couple of other places I really like, but not for dinner. The general store in Farson has ice cream to die for and the yellow hardware stoe in Shoshone has a soda fountain with wonderful malts.

The Sushi place in Cody was a surprise. Didn't expect to find one there and it was pretty good too.
    Cowboy, the Yellowstone drug store in Shoshoni has been closed for quite a number of years now. They opened a small shop down the main street but sadly, that one too is closed. I heard they opened a shop in Casper, but it's sure not the same.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Cowboy, the Yellowstone drug store in Shoshoni has been closed for quite a number of years now. They opened a small shop down the main street but sadly, that one too is closed. I heard they opened a shop in Casper, but it's sure not the same.
    Thats too bad, and its been awhile since I was there.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I figured, Cowboy. Of course you know I was kidding. There's more to most folks than others know and it's always interesting to find out.

I used to have a retired client that always came in wearing the dirtiest clothes, really almost looked like he needed a handout. He was an oil man worth several million. I could tell at least a dozen versions of that story about different folks. You just never had any idea what interesting life they led until you sat down and talked awhile.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Casper = Poorboy's for a great steak. The Cowboy Cut Ribeye is to die for! If heading in from Douglas then it is before the river crosses I-25 if heading from the north then it is after the river. It sits on the north side of the interstate. Don't remember the exit, been there so many times I don't pay attention anymore. However, anyone in town can direct you to it. As for a great local watering holes? Check out the Wonderbar downtown. Great food as well. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Casper = Poorboy's for a great steak. The Cowboy Cut Ribeye is to die for! If heading in from Douglas then it is before the river crosses I-25 if heading from the north then it is after the river. It sits on the north side of the interstate. Don't remember the exit, been there so many times I don't pay attention anymore. However, anyone in town can direct you to it. As for a great local watering holes? Check out the Wonderbar downtown. Great food as well. Enjoy!
    sounds really good. Getting ready to leave OR about noon today. Having a hard time focusing on working for the next few hrs!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    sounds really good. Getting ready to leave OR about noon today. Having a hard time focusing on working for the next few hrs!!
    I know the feeling! Good luck on your trip, have fun & be safe.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member