Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The thoughts and prayers of myself and family are with you guys. Continue to stand strong my friend!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hows everything coming?
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My son died at 10:00PM on Sunday at Cedars Sinai hospital.

He was life-flighted there from the Antelope Valley Hospital NICU after the doctor determined that he had a perforated bowel which they could not operate on at Antelope Valley Hospital.

Saturday, as he was coming up on one week, we were finally starting to think that he might be through the worst of it.

Sunday morning when we came in, his heart rate was pegged at one pulse, which wasn't normal and they couldn't get blood pressure or blood oxygen concentration levels from any of his limbs.

The doctor took lateral x-rays and saw the air from the perforation.

The doctor told me then that the prognosis wasn't good and when I look back on it now, I think I knew Sunday morning, before they even did the x-rays, that it was really bad. His body was restricting blood flow to his critical organs and I knew that only happens when you have hypothermia, you're in shock or bleeding heavily. He didn't have hypothermia and nothing happened that would have caused him to go into shock, and with the bowel perforation, that narrowed it down pretty quickly.

When I saw him after they got him to Cedars Sinai, it was obvious that he had been bleeding internally during the ride over and the doctors said that the infection he had from the gut bacteria was making his blood too acidic and they probably couldn't recover him.

God bless them, they still took him to the operating room and tried, but he arrested as soon as they got him there. They spent 30 minutes trying to revive him in the OR before they came to us with the recommendation to remove his ventilator.

I knew that at that point, anything they did to try to revive him would just make him suffer longer and even if they had managed to fully revive him, the lack of oxygen and acid in his blood would have crippled him mentally and probably physically.

Explaining that to my wife wasn't so easy, but she understood it and agreed that it was the right thing for our boy.

We finally got to see him without his ventilator and got spend time with him outside of the incubator for the first time.

My boy is so handsome.

He had a strong will and a strong heart, but his little body just wasn't ready yet.

We're burying him in the cemetery at Kernville, California. His eight days on this earth were full of noise and light and commotion and I wanted him to be some place where he could hear the wind blow and the birds call and see the stars at night and have some peace.

He's near enough that we can visit him regularly and when I go up to hunt, I can stop by and see him on the way up.

I want to thank all of you for the prayers and support. Please hug your kids and tell them how much you love them.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the pain you are surly feeling. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'll continue to do so. Kernville and up into those mountains and wilderness above is a beautiful place. I hope the coming days ahead will bring peace, comfort and healing to you and your family during this very difficult time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm so sorry brother.... Your family is in all of our prayers.......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am so sorry for your loss. A parent should never have to bury their child.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry to hear about your loss
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You did everything you could and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. You will continue to be in our prayers. Bless you and your wife for giving it your all!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    JMSZ,
    My sincere condolences. Your son must have been a tough little guy. I continue to keep you and your wife in my prayers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im vary sorry to here of your lose. Having lost a son myself i fell your pain be strong my friend your wife needs you more then ever. And i can tell you there is hope but only time will heal your pain.I to will continue to keep your family i my prayers.
    Trying like hell to live the dream