I have probably hit my budget to update equipment for this year, although the year is not up yet…..

I upgraded a rifle and scope this year after having had the same rifle since I was 18. For the most part I won't upgrade something unless I really see the value in it for me, but everyone has there own way, how they like to hunt and what they find important to them.

Over time I've upgraded things that have made more sense than others. Some were welcome upgrades like clothing and finding Merino wool. Not having to stink as much from being out for a week in the backcountry has been most welcome. Another welcome upgrade has been a better GPS, the one I had in the early 90's was big and bulky, hard to use and no mapping feature. Better optics upgraded has been well an eyeopener. What I had before was more of a headache due to eye strain and not having the clarity to see in low light.

I've had some other upgrades over the years but for me the ones mentioned above for me have been like putting off getting reading glasses and then getting the eye exam and fitted for a pair and wondering why I put it off for so long.