Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    What you guys are calling the back door to the back door. Is the back door. The other one that easily seen by anybody is not the back door.

Back door describes coming in a sneaky way. There's nothing sneaky about the link posted above. It's there for everybody to see easily.
    Old Hunter, by your definition "back door" has to be:

1) not "easily available to anybody"

2) a "sneaky" way to view the draw results.

Let's consider that.

If there was a "back door" that was "sneaky", yet it was available on the internet, it would be available for anyone in the entire world with internet access to see, therefore it would be "easily available to anybody". So by that definition that would not truly be a "back door".

Theoretically, there could be a "back door" where draw information was available early on the internet, and that information was password protected. That "back door" would post information before the draw results were made known to the public, and only certain people who had been given the password and could view the draw results before anyone else was privileged to that information. Then that information would not be "available to anybody". However, it is in violation of the second part of the definition above, because by having access to the password, it would no longer be "sneaky".

If however you were able to hack into that theoretical password protected information, and view that draw information, before the draw results were made known, it then could truly be considered a "back door" by that definition because it is both not "easily seen by anybody" AND it is "sneaky". That however would be illegal and it would be foolish for me to post that information in the internet, therefore preserving both parts of the definition of "back door".

If however I was foolish enough to post a link (as I did above) and the hacked password of how to access that password protected information, then it once again falls out of the definition above, because now anybody has access to that information. Therefore it has violated the definition by now being "available to anybody", and so it is technically no longer a "back door".

I take "back door" to simply mean a fun way to learn the draw results before the actual draw results are posted a few days later.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 05-19-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, you're talking about a locked back door. The back door i'm talking about is open to anyone if you know where to look. The sneaky part is finding the door, and then being able to read the code. The results used to be available early. It seems the DOW caught on to that, and are no longer available early Still, it's what we called the back door for years.

So, you're wrong.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Befriend some DOW folks and call and get them to look. We will call that bustin' in the front door

5. The Following User Says Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Well, you're talking about a locked back door. The back door i'm talking about is open to anyone if you know where to look. The sneaky part is finding the door, and then being able to read the code. The results used to be available early. It seems the DOW caught on to that, and are no longer available early Still, it's what we called the back door for years.

So, you're wrong.
    Unfortunately you have now contradicted yourself. You now say the old back door was "open to anyone if you know where to look" yet you earlier defined the the back door as not "easily available to anyone". The old back door was very easily available to anyone, just a few clicks away.

The old backdoor can't truly be a back door (by your definition) because it WAS "easily available to anyone" as anyone with internet access could have done that.

The old back door also can't truly be a back door (by your definition) because is WAS NOT truly "sneaky" because the very reason DOW shut it down was because people were not being "sneaky" other wise DOW would not have known of the back door. The reason DOW knew was because so many non "sneaky" people were using this method.

However by my definition of "back door", both the old back door and the new back door, are both back doors.

Finally, in your own words you have confirmed that the current back door is a back door, let me quote you, "What you guys are calling the back door to the back door. Is the back door."

Hopefully this will clear up any further confusion.

Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 05-19-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    There is no confusion. I've never heard anyone say they found the back door on their own. They usually ask...where's the back door? Who would apply for a tag when their trying to find the results of a tag they already bought? That's where the door is, and it's not obvious to those who don't know about it.

I'll say it again. Finding the door is not the real hard part. Someone could tell you that. Knowing what the codes means after you find it is the sneaky hard part. Ok?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nobody has answered my question in all this, though it' been fun. How do you find out what the codes mean? I don't think that's something top secret, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    Nobody has answered my question in all this, though it' been fun. How do you find out what the codes mean? I don't think that's something top secret, correct me if I'm wrong.
    If it still says "app" that doesn't mean you have a license on file. You have an application on file. If you actually draw whether its your first choice or second you will have both an app and a license on file. In other words if everything still says app after it, you dont have a license yet. Clear as mud?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yep, thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    See post 4, 5 codes mean you have drawn your tag, if your points show zero then you have drawn your first. That's the back door and the double back door.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not exactly. The code ending in app is of course the application. The next code they post will show you got the tag, or failed according to the code.

That was the sneaky part.