Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    I've never heard of Utah doing that.
    Neither have I.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like I'll be headed to Utah this year in search of my first Mountain Goat!! Pretty excited to say the least, never in a million years did I expect to draw in Utah! Been applying in Idaho for many years for Mtn Goat thinking that would be the state I would have to draw in for a Mtn Goat (since my home state of MT never seems to put my name in the draw)!!! Hopefully have pictures this fall.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by medtech10 View Post
    Looks like I'll be headed to Utah this year in search of my first Mountain Goat!! Pretty excited to say the least, never in a million years did I expect to draw in Utah! Been applying in Idaho for many years for Mtn Goat thinking that would be the state I would have to draw in for a Mtn Goat (since my home state of MT never seems to put my name in the draw)!!! Hopefully have pictures this fall.
    Very cool! I think mountain goat is at top of list for me. How many points did you have?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    what unit???

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ogden/Willard Peak unit. Helped a buddy harvest a goat there a couple years ago and saw a good number of goats. Its a very rough and steep unit to get around in but we had a great time. Unit doesn't have the top end trophy potential of the Beaver unit, but I plan on trying to harvest with archery gear, and I consider any mountain goat with a bow to be a trophy! I drew it with only a few points, very very lucky to say the least!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ogden/Willard Peak unit. Helped a buddy harvest a goat there a couple years ago and saw a good number of goats. Its a very rough and steep unit to get around in but we had a great time. Unit doesn't have the top end trophy potential of the Beaver unit, but I plan on trying to harvest with archery gear, and I consider any mountain goat with a bow to be a trophy! I drew it with only a few points, very very lucky to say the least!!
    that's cool . I'm sure you will have anwesome time. I would love to tag a mountain goat with a bow.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Utah Goat.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	6704
    My Utah mountain goat with a bow. I didn't have time to be real picky (expecting our 2nd child literally any day), but couldn't be happier. He is exactly 8" on both sides. I got to share camp with my dad, who got me started hunting as far back as I can remember, so that made it even more special. I saw many goats that were bigger but were never in locations for a stalk.

Shot was 34 yards slightly quartering away and he only took about 5 steps and tipped over. I was by myself due to my dad being terribly afraid of heights so picture is terrible.

Thanks
    Congratulations

My Utah mountain goat with a bow. I didn't have time to be real picky (expecting our 2nd child literally any day), but couldn't be happier. He is exactly 8" on both sides. I got to share camp with my dad, who got me started hunting as far back as I can remember, so that made it even more special. I saw many goats that were bigger but were never in locations for a stalk.

Shot was 34 yards slightly quartering away and he only took about 5 steps and tipped over. I was by myself due to my dad being terribly afraid of heights so picture is terrible.
    Congrats man! Great accomplishment with a bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations

One on my bucket list for sure! Congrats.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Awesome man! Congrats on a special trophy and second kid!