Thread: Wyoming unit 35

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming unit 35

My dad drew the type 1 tag for this unit and I will be going alog with him to help out. Neither of us has been to this area before and was wondering if anyone could give us any general info. Not looking for your honey hole or anything but more like just answer some general questions I have. I've bought my topos for the area and have been dissecting them almost everyday but would really like to talk with someone who has hunted there before and just some general info on where to go after the shooting starts and that kind of thing. We plan on getting there 2 days before the season and have 6 days to get it done after that. Thanks and good luck to everyone else this fall!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not to sure about 35 but have hunted area 36 before. We camped in area 35 at hunters corral and used ATV's to get into 36. The one advantage to 35 might be that area 36 is a general area and gets packed full of hunters. So you should have elk running to area 35 all the time. I don't know if you are going to hunt the wilderness area or not. But that would be a great way to go and get away from the crowd and I know there are lots of elk in there. (I backpack and fish alot of those lakes in the summer). But if the snow is there that might not be an option.

Also soldier park is right on area 35 boundry. And that is a hotspot and gets hit hard on the opener and weekends. Sitting on the boundry by soldier park might not be to bad of a spot to try. Good luck on your dads hunt. Lots of elk up there also lots of orenge.