Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 9 Posts

What has the Eastmans done for you?

Since you have been involved with the EHJ, EBJ, DVD, and TV shows, What has been the biggest changes you have made to your hunting adventures?
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Not much as I have been a backcountry hunter almost all my life. Thats how I was taught by my Dad and Grandfather. Now that I am retired I do more out of state, outfitted trips than before, but thats mostly because I'm a lot older and I am able to, both financially and timewise.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nothing to my hunting. After over 60 years of hunting the same way. It's pretty hard to change. I have enjoyed watching their shows though. Seeing hunts for animals i'll never get to hunt is very interesting. I may not be able to do those hunts, but at least I know what it's like now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Honestly... Eastmans has done quite a bit for me. When I decided to take my first trip out West for a pronghorn hunt a few years ago, I turned to Eastmans for information to help me plan the trip. While Eastmans is not the cornerstone of my research, the information they provide certainly helped me to lay a foundation as to what states to seek opportunities.

Since gear requirements are vastly different for backpack style western hunting, compared to my cozy lodge based whitetail hunting here, I've gleaned quite a bit of info on gear reviews from Eastmans as well.

So.. Thanks Eastmans, for all of your assistance in helping me learn to hunt the western states! I'm sure my wife thanks you as well...
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 59 Times in 7 Posts
    I have been inspired by Eastmans, I take more photo's of my hunts than I used to, just in case a hunt goes well enough to do a write up and submit it for their magazine. I have found out that I really enjoying the photo's of the hunt, often more than the actual shot of the dead animal. I also have an increasing interest of hunting more out of my home state, which I started applying for this year. It's almost a bad thing, Eastmans has enlightened me so much that I now realize how horrible the hunting is where I live. I still love to hunt here, its just a little depresing knowing the odds are stacked so high against me for success. I hope to be hunitng some other western states soon!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I like Timberstalker, have enjoyed taking more pictures of the hunt itself. Sometimes it is the hunt and not just the kill that will make memories to last a lifetime. The forum has also been good to meet some new people and get input and help from a bunch of great people around the good ole' USA.
    Shoot STR8

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 9 Posts
    For me they have done a ton. I used to be a road hunter wich is the way I was taught. Then I got the trophy horn bug and realized how much more rewarding it was to me to go out there and work for it. I've learned pretty much every technique I use now from the Eastmans. I am a bit bias but its only the truth. We used to hike our butts off trying to find big trophys wasting energy and being so inefficient I look back on it and can't believe how I used to hunt. I also have to say I've learned a lot from you guys here on the forum as well. Thanks to all and the E boys!
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I hadnt been able to hunt out of state for a few years prior to stopping at the Eastmans booth at our local hunting show and leaving with a subscription to both mags. Eastmans really helped to rekindle the fire and inspired me to go hunt some new places, have some great adventures even if I came home tired and sore with nothing but tag soup on some of them they were well worth it!!! It also led me to harvesting a great deer and antelope this last year that would not of happened without the MRS and everyone on this forum that shared info with me. A big thankyou to all of you! Another thing I really like about Eastmans is all of the stories are from subscribers and realistic for the average hunter that doesnt have an unlimited bank account. I have a great respect for all the Eastmans and all they have done for fair chase DIY hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For me, the biggest thing is that they made me realize that hunting out of state is very doable. I used to think, "I can't go to Montana, that's a 5 hour drive". Now I say "New Mexico is ONLY a 17 hour drive". Also, learning about the points system in each state was entirely because of the MRS. Hopefully I'll have a good chance at pulling a mountain goat or sheep tag because of that.
    I'd have to say this forum is a great help too. Learning techniques and listening to other guys who actually know what they are doing helps a lot. I am still a novice hunter when it come to hunting the west but I feel like I've learned a lot from other hunters who have shared their success and also failures.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been fortunate to have two articles published in the Eastmans’ Hunting Journal; one for a mule deer buck and another for a bull elk. It feels great to have your hunts documented, but to me it isn’t about ego or any kind of status. The truly pleasing part is that I see an EHJ article as the highest honor to an exceptional animal pursued and taken fairly. The Eastman style shows respect and appreciation for the animal and generally portrays the hunter as reflective and humble. As it should be.

So, I’d say that one of the biggest things the Eastmans have done for me is to represent the same values, style, and general approach to hunting that I have. I feel that the EHJ and EBJ, as well as their TV show, do an outstanding job of promoting hunting the right way.