Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Thats easier to do with elk than it is deer and other species. I blew my points on deer last year and decided to only apply for a unit close to my house hoping to draw every year. Before last year I hadn't deer hunted in Colorado since 2009. I'd like to hunt every year too. Put that unit as my first choice this year and didn't draw... Now I have a point and no deer license. Maybe I can only expect to hunt deer every other year... at least in the unit I'm interested in?
    I have a system to hunt deer and elk every year. I'm only interested in hunting my unit, so it only applies to it. It takes 1 point to get a bull tag, and I can get a cow tag as a 2nd choice. So, that an easy one to do, and I get to hunt a bull every other year, and a cow on the off year.

Deer is almost the same. I can get a buck tag with 1 point, and I can get a private land doe tag as a 2nd choice. I alternate does and bucks just like I do cows and bulls.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    I have a system to hunt deer and elk every year. I'm only interested in hunting my unit, so it only applies to it. It takes 1 point to get a bull tag, and I can get a cow tag as a 2nd choice. So, that an easy one to do, and I get to hunt a bull every other year, and a cow on the off year.

Deer is almost the same. I can get a buck tag with 1 point, and I can get a private land doe tag as a 2nd choice. I alternate does and bucks just like I do cows and bulls.
    Thats a good system you've got. Wish I could duplicate it in the units I want to hunt. I would gladly alternate bucks and bulls one year, then doe's and cows the next. I like meat too...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats an awesome system for sure! I do that with Antelope in Colorado, I have a customer/ close friend that I hunt antelope on every year, one year I draw, the next they get a voucher. Its awesome! I miss colorado so much! Except for the nuts that are out there!! Excluding all the hunter of course