Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 10 Posts

Cudos to Swarovski !!

I finally broke down and sent my 20 year old Swarovski 10X42s in for a estimate to refurbish them. I was really worried about what the price might be but sent them in anyway. I have taken and used these Binos everywhere and almost every scouting and hunting day since I bought them. The armored outside casing was loose the logos were gone and it looked like some of the coating on the lens was gone.
    Well they called me the other day and I talked with a really nice lady in the optics repair dept. She told me they were going to put on the newest armored shell replace the lenses new lens caps and whatever else needed to be done to make them like the newest binos they sell. The only cost that I would have to pick up would be $175.00 for a part of the glass replacement. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised. They should be back in my hands in about four weeks.
    Cant wait to get them back around my neck!! Mark

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 7 Posts
    Swarovski is AMAZING. They have rebuilt stuff for me several times after years of hard use.

A couple years ago I was hunting Colorado, and spotted a buck headed into my hunting area. I got out of my truck and set up a spotting scope at first light. I decided to go after it, so I pulled my truck off the road. A few hours later, after I killed the buck I returned to the truck and there in the road was my Swarovski spotting scope and the front end was completely squashed. (I guess I was kind of excited...lol) When I got home, I sent it in an Swarovski gave me a quote, and it was also in that $150 range. I couldn't believe it. They do awesome work and really stand behind their product.

On the flip side, I had a spotting scope made my a Japanese manufacturer. After the tripod mounting threads stripped out after just a year or two, I sent it in to their repair department and got a quote. I recall it was over $100 but considering I did not feel this was my fault but a design flaw (choice of cheap die cast soft metal for the treaded portion), I have never bought a product from their company again. Why would I when I can buy once and have there great service I have experienced from Swarovski.

The other company that has always stood behind their products is Leupold. For the last 15 years or so, the only optics I would buy was Swarovski binos and spotters and Leupold scopes.

A couple years ago, I bought a Vortex spotting scope after hearing numerous good reviews. I have had one warranty issue so far (a screw came loose inside the scope a few weeks after I got it), and they were very responsive to send me a brand new scope after I returned my old one. That was great service. It will be interesting to see through the years how they stand buy the excellent warranty they advertise.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cant wait to get them back!! I use them all the time.......Nothing like good glass.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Several years ago I was coming off of a mountain and came to a spot where I had to take my pack off to climb down off of some rocks. I should of lowered my pack down with some rope that I had with me but I decided to start my climb down and pull my pack over the edge. Well when I pulled my pack over it got away from me and started rolling and rolling and rolling down the mountain and came to rest in the middle of a creek. The end of my Swarovski scope was smashed out of round and the eyepiece was wobbly. I sent it in for repairs and was charged nothing. fatrascal.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like they will be shipped back via ups on Monday!! That was much faster than I thought it would be. Cant wait to get them back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Swarovski is AMAZING. They have rebuilt stuff for me several times after years of hard use.

A couple years ago I was hunting Colorado, and spotted a buck headed into my hunting area. I got out of my truck and set up a spotting scope at first light. I decided to go after it, so I pulled my truck off the road. A few hours later, after I killed the buck I returned to the truck and there in the road was my Swarovski spotting scope and the front end was completely squashed. (I guess I was kind of excited...lol) When I got home, I sent it in an Swarovski gave me a quote, and it was also in that $150 range. I couldn't believe it. They do awesome work and really stand behind their product.
    That is a good story Umpqua Hunter. Congratulations on getting the buck. How did your spotting scope get squashed though? That detail left me hanging and wondering how it got busted and squashed. Good story though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I sent my 10x42s in for service this winter and they did a complete cleaning free of charge. Very nice. I also sent in an older leupold 25x50 scope and they did the same thing, both companies have great customer service.

Thanks
    Congratulations

They Are Back!!

Recieved my new old 10X42s back today!! Swarovski did a great job. I didn't even recognize them. They are basically a new pair of binoculars.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm glad to hear about the good customer service at Swarovski. I have a new Z5 scope from them and plan to keep it a while. It's nice to know they take care of the products they sell.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
    I'm glad to hear about the good customer service at Swarovski. I have a new Z5 scope from them and plan to keep it a while. It's nice to know they take care of the products they sell.
    I really thought that after 20 years of use/abuse that I have put these through the cost would have been like buying a new pair. I am very pleased with the service.