Thread: Moose in unit 6

Threaded View

Thanks
    wolfman,

Congratulations! I drew the mzldr bull moose tag in unit 6 last year (it took me 3+10 points) so I know how you feel! I might be able to help you out and can tell you my experience, but the first thing you can do is go to the statistics page on the CPW website and use a Gazetteer map book to pinpoint the grid locations of all the bull moose that have been killed in unit 6 in the past several years. My first piece of advice is that even though there are lots of moose in unit 6, they can appear and disappear like ghosts. So just because you scout and find some decent ones, you may not ever see them again once the season starts. Some people seem to think that you must hold out until you find the absolute biggest bull in the entire unit, but to me a bull moose is a bull moose, if you are happy with it then go ahead and pull the trigger. It's your hunt and your experience, so don't let anyone else tell you what you should or shouldn't shoot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moose Ground 1 - crop.jpg   Steve Moose 002 (1).jpg