Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stalking with a bow - Need suggestions

I'd like to know how other members crawl with their bows. If I have some ground to travel I hate having my bow in my hand - I have a hard enough time with just the crawling.... I've tried slings but my bow always slips down. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying a pack with a bow boot (something like the G3 from Blacks Creek). Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've placed my bow in the middle of my back before and crawled quite a distance. I've also laid it on my lap and crab crawled downhill. With a little practice it becomes pretty easy to balance on your back or lap. Also had a friend who would strap it to his chest, but that looked like trouble to me..lol As far as a pack to carry your bow, I bought the Eberlestock X2 with a butt bucket that is gonna work great for hiking. Not sure how it would work crawling:???? Gonna have to give that a try.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have some knee protectors from Ole Tom that let me crawl comfortably on my hands and knees. Don't have a good answer on the bow though, more than once I have put on a good crawl and got ready to shoot and noticed my fiber optics got yanked out of their housing when I was barrelling through brush.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +1. Middle of your back and lap work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkcrazedfrk View Post
    I've placed my bow in the middle of my back before and crawled quite a distance. I've also laid it on my lap and crab crawled downhill. With a little practice it becomes pretty easy to balance on your back or lap. Also had a friend who would strap it to his chest, but that looked like trouble to me..lol As far as a pack to carry your bow, I bought the Eberlestock X2 with a butt bucket that is gonna work great for hiking. Not sure how it would work crawling:???? Gonna have to give that a try.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by cgmoen View Post
    I'd like to know how other members crawl with their bows. If I have some ground to travel I hate having my bow in my hand - I have a hard enough time with just the crawling.... I've tried slings but my bow always slips down. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying a pack with a bow boot (something like the G3 from Blacks Creek). Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    If I am getting close I just move the bow out ahead of me as I crawl along. On the longer stalks I use a bow sling.

Have you tried the "Stalking Sling" from Zachary Morgan Outfitters(www.zacharymorganoutfitters.com)? Great sling and perfect for spot and stalk hunting.
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 60#/26.5" 290 fps w/374 grain arrow
    2009 PSE Xforce GX 60#/26.625" 301 fps w/304 grain arrow; 276 fps w/374 grain arrow
    2011 PSE Bow Madness XL 55#/26.5" 243 fps w/406 grain arrow
    2011 PSE AXE-6 60#(IBO)58#(ASA)/26.5" 292 fps(IBO)287 fps(ASA) w/300 grain arrow