Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 60 Times in 53 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I'm buying a fixer upper in Taylorsville Ca for a retirement home.
    That's a very nice area, are you planning on being a full time res or just summers in Taylorsville. Either way, you know what's just up the hill........................FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #22
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 610 Times in 439 Posts
    Congratulations
    167
    Congratulated 72 Times in 9 Posts
    Yes we will be full time in about 10 years. We love Taylorsville been going there for 4th of July for Rodeos for years. Awesome deer and Turkeys everywhere and fishing the streams are a blast.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 431 Times in 324 Posts
    Congratulations
    18
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The D zones are available, I already have my D7. They are first come first serve until the quota is gone, Some of the units that have left over tags, you can get a 2nd tag. Again, Bear are over the counter ...and think it's the same as deer. When they are gone they are gone. D7 opens September 21.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:


  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Joseph Or
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Yes we will be full time in about 10 years. We love Taylorsville been going there for 4th of July for Rodeos for years. Awesome deer and Turkeys everywhere and fishing the streams are a blast.
    Now that's a small world!!! Most people that I know have never heard of Taylorsville! When I was young my Dad helped build the saw mill in Genesee. We lived in a small cabin below the dam at the mill, with a beaver dam in our back yard. Went back there a few years ago and didn't recognize a thing except the bar with the floating dance floor! Back then it was a pretty wild place, watched a shoot out at that bar!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

  6. #25
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 610 Times in 439 Posts
    Congratulations
    167
    Congratulated 72 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Now that's a small world!!! Most people that I know have never heard of Taylorsville! When I was young my Dad helped build the saw mill in Genesee. We lived in a small cabin below the dam at the mill, with a beaver dam in our back yard. Went back there a few years ago and didn't recognize a thing except the bar with the floating dance floor! Back then it was a pretty wild place, watched a shoot out at that bar!

    Wow that's crazy! Ya it's pretty quiet wich is what we love. We are making an offer on some property on Tue. I'll post some pics.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Joseph Or
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Wow that's crazy! Ya it's pretty quiet wich is what we love. We are making an offer on some property on Tue. I'll post some pics.
    Cool! Love to see them!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    856
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 148 Times in 112 Posts
    Congratulations
    10
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Wow that's crazy! Ya it's pretty quiet wich is what we love. We are making an offer on some property on Tue. I'll post some pics.
    It is pretty quiet and peaceful up that way. Taylorsville is a small town. I grew up vacationing, camping often with family and friends just south of there close to a town called Sierraville and Graeagle. I hope your offer goes well for you. It's a beautiful area there.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My biggest cali bear
    By bigshot in forum California
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
  2. Cali hog down
    By Montana in forum California
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM
  3. Cali Bear
    By Ikeepitcold in forum Other
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 10:06 AM
  4. My best Cali buck so far...
    By Graylight in forum Bowhunting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
  5. Non res Cali deer
    By Ikeepitcold in forum Other
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •