Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 051

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a buddy who guides up there and he says the deer herd is way down!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is the area I hunted a lot when I was a kid, shot my first 3 bucks there. I have always hunted exactly how IKIC said, Solid Silver and Mullinix. It is beautiful country but never took anything real big out plus it gets hit pretty hard. I have seen pictures of big bucks taken up higher around Hinkey Summit from guys who I think packed in. There was a big fire up there last summer and I think I heard it burned up a lot of the east side close to Paradise including Mullinix. Don't quote me on exactly where it burned but I was in Winnemucca when it was burning and it looked like a doozie.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Email sent elk grunt

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    I'm curious to see how you do elkgrunt, 051 was one of my choices as well. With zero points I was looking for an easier unit to draw a tag, didn't work though.
    I hunted this area back in 06 with three other guys and did very well, took til this year to draw it again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elkgrunt View Post
    I hunted this area back in 06 with three other guys and did very well, took til this year to draw it again.
    I hope you have as good of a time as last time. I'm surprised it took that long to draw a yellow chip unit, I may have to re-think my application next year and go for a muzzy or archery hunt. I am hoping to hunt Nevada before I am 50, which is only 7 years away.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hunted it in 2010 and fought the fog for 3 days

Shot a dink out of spite. Looking back I would do somethings different but it can be a fustrating hunt for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Unit 51

I've hunted this numerous times with bow....started back in the early 90s when it was part of the general state wide tag and last hunted it in 2010. The easy areas to get to are really over run by the crowds now days since they hand out so many tags. In the beginning I could hunt over a herd of 20 bucks, some of them quite large, within a mile of Hinckey Summit. This is no longer the case.

Still plenty of deer in the Wilderness and some of the outlying areas away from the Paradise Valley/Hinckey Summit/Lye Creek/Windy Pass corridor. This corridor will get 80% of the pressure. That includes Mullineaux and Solid Silver that have been discussed. A lot of big bucks summer away from the main range at about 7000ft in some of the smaller hills and highlands. Try up north near O'dell Mtn or near Klondike. Big country. A pack into the wilderness would do the trick too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My dad saw a monster up in Toyota canyon or something like that a couple years back. My buddy hunted almost the full rifle season a couple years ago got skunked.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!