Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elk Calls

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For a cow call I love the Imakadabullcrazy by primos I can make bulls fall in love with me with that call

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The Rocky Jackobson "who's your daddy" has done great things for me. I also really like his diaphragm calls.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Elk Nut anything.

Ty

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Try Wayne carleton calls. He does have some educational videos

Thanks
    Congratulations
    really, almost any call that you can master is a good call. i use the mouth diaphragm and the mossback double barrel bugle and i like both. i did buy Elknuts videos and diaphragms and playbook, in my OPINION, i think these are way over priced for the info you get. dont get me wrong he has good stuff, but its not stuff you cant find for free if you do a little exploring. just buy a few and figure them out...if you dont like them try a different brand. also...listen to others doing it and try to mimic them, it will make you better. oh...and also dont get to caught up in trying to be prefect.....ive never had a bull tell me i sucked at calling. Might not have gotten every elk in to my "good" calls, but ive had some come into god-awful sounding mistakes. just make sure you talkin their language.

oh, by the way....any of you want my Elknut videos and playbook....just pm me, ill give them away for free.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thats great advise Wiley. I know we all want to sound like that big bad bull sometimes. It is true though, if you sound like the biggest one out there, it often drives off the medium to so so bulls, they get so intimidated.
    A bad squawk from a dry mouth or slipped reed placement can sometimes get them so curious they just cant stand it!
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is all good info. This will be my first season of hunting in the rut as opposed to after the rut. I have the odd sounding messed up calls down pretty well so perhaps I will have more success than I thought. I do manage to get a good sounding call out every once in a while so I have something to fall back on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Elknut's Playbook is #1, but there are many others. I like and have books by Dwight Schuh (2 books), Mike Lapinski (3 books), Don Laubaugh (E.L.K. INC) (1 book, he has others), and Mike Eastman. All have great information that is communicated very well. Reading information from all of them and giving each one careful consideration, you find repeated themes. Each author puts their own spin on the themes and one author's spint will definitely get the messeage through. By reading multiple authors, you will be years of experience ahead of novice hunters.

Elknut's playbook can be carried in the field in a pocket as the pages are weatherproof.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Great advice, Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    In reality, I think you need to try a lot of different calls and find one that works well for you. Every person is going to sound different on calls. So just because someone blows on a call and it works really well for them, does not mean it will work well for you. I use Da Holla Back Elk Bugle from MossBack Game Calls. I absolutely love it. The technology behind the calls is different from everything else on the market. They have the nose and throat technology which is awesome and makes the calls sound so life-like. Most people need a diaphragm call to be able to bugle and chuckle really well and I can do both without a diaphragm and I can do them both well. We dont have instructional videos, but I am on the pro staff and would be more than happy to walk you through anything you might need!