Thanks

Wyoming elk unit 69

Been looking at some general areas, (don't really care if it antlerless or any elk) that are open in November as I don't have much time to hunt till I get done coaching football. Was looking at area 69 as a possibility. It's not a big unit, access is limited to hiking and horses as most is wilderness but it is only a couple miles to hike from a couple of trail heads to get back into it some (according to my Cabelas hunt app anyway), and it borders the back side of the Wind River Indian Reservation. Any thoughts on this or some of the other general areas that offer a latter season date. I know there are some up around Jackson but I'm not really big on fighting the big orange army. I'm not afraid of a hike to get back into some good country and I really am just looking for a decent opportunity to take an animal. I am looking into some of the late season cow/calf tags as well but haven't had a chance to go to Green River and talk with the biologist yet on those units. If you don't want it up on the forum please feel free to PM me. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as I am trying to get some units lined up to go up and scout around this summer.

Thanks
    I know the area well. Access is tough. And to hike up whiskey mtn or the glacier trail is very steep. Theere r plenty of elk in that area. It sounds like u r a resident. So u still have time to apply for a good late season tag. It also appears u r a husker fan. Won't hold that against u. I graduated from unl

Message me and I will help I out

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drelk View Post
    I know the area well. Access is tough. And to hike up whiskey mtn or the glacier trail is very steep. Theere r plenty of elk in that area. It sounds like u r a resident. So u still have time to apply for a good late season tag. It also appears u r a husker fan. Won't hold that against u. I graduated from unl

Message me and I will help I out

Lived in Nebraska during the Championship years of the 90's and unfortunately during the Callahan era after that. LOL
    I will PM you with some questions. Thanks!!

Thanks
    If anybody else has stuff on this too I'm all ears! I went back to the Wyoming elk issue and unit 69 wasn't looking to great but I haven't completely figured out all the stuff they put in that issue yet either. Would love to hear some suggestions for November hunts. Just want to fill a tag this year and honestly because of my schedule with school and football would be happy to fill it with a cow but like the idea of maybe having the off chance at a bull if it presented itself (in the interest of full discloser. LOL) I'm not afraid to hike a ways to get off the beaten path and away from atvs and pickups.