Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Trying to save the $$$ all I can because I'm planning an Alaska trip in 2015 or 2016. With that said DIY is the only way to go and landowner tags are just too expensive with the saving I'm trying to do. I could only hunt elk if 2-3 people split the cost of a drop camp. Still not giving up on the elk this year but more than likely it will be either western Nebraska rifle mule deer and archery antelope or leftover rifle antelope in Wyoming. I can't justify paying for landowner vouchers when I can hunt mule deer so cheap in Nebraska. Besides there are some big mulies there. There was one killed about a half mile from where I hunt that gross scored 176 typical. I might not connect on an antelope with archery gear but hey that's hunting. Thanks for the ideas and best of luck to you as well. I take it from your post that the draws didn't go as planned for you either?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck Alabama, I did not draw much this year, still waiting on WY results to see if the Wife and I drew our Tags... 4 Points each hoping that its enough for the unit we put in for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    With that said DIY is the only way to go and landowner tags are just too expensive with the saving I'm trying to do.
    Couldn't agree more! I can't believe how much some land owner tags are. Even more surprised someone would spend that much! It's like Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty said when they were buying furniture and Willie wanted to pay for delivery instead of loading it into the truck they had in the parking lot. "It's not the money... it's the principal" LOL!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am not poor, Drive a 10 Year old car, bought the first house for my wife and child, but I am definitely not rich. But sometimes I wonder I am would be better off buying a good landowner tag every year for under $2000, rather then spend the same amount every year on applications and not draw anything yet again. At the moment my consolidation price is an over the counter tag in California where a big forky is a big deer. I guess I pay every year to dream, with my luck I will draw everything the same year and not be able to go. I guess its all about priorities, If you have a chance at hunting big deer near home, than that is what I would do... Crossing my fingers for the Wyoming draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Alabama, Montana looks like it still has general deer, general elk and elk/deer combo licenses available online. I've done the deer and it was a ton of fun with November rut dates.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)