Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury recovery

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 5 Posts

Injury recovery

I've been dignosed with a bulging disc in my lower back. I have been dealing with the issue since early February, back pain, numbness and pain in my left hip to my toes. I had a Steroid Injection exactly one week ago and haven't had good reults yet. Dr said to give it more time and take it easy. Have any of you guys been through this? If so what do you recommend I do from here? I don't want to keep taking injections, but I don't really want surgery at this point either. I have read many differant stories and options about this, but I don't know who to believe. All I know is hunting season is not far away, and I need to get back to normal asap! This is driving me crazy, the only time I don't hurt is when I sit on my azz!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ive got no advice but im all ears. Im in the same boat with compressed disks. Pain is officially constant. Im 26 years old. Sketched out about surgery. And financially to be laid up for several months would not be cool.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 2 Posts
    Sorry to hear that fellas, hopefully someone on here as had experience and can give you some good remedies. Here's to a speedy recovery!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    Im 43 and had bulging, herniated discs on my L4, L5 and S1 with degenerative facets since I was 23 years old. It was real bad in my twenties but I was a brick mason, lifted alot of weights at the gym and snowboarded every weekend. The pain was so bad sometimes it would take my breath away just to stand erect. Then I started training MMA for about 5 years in my mid thirties and the pain was so bad sometimes that I would want to cry. I finally had to quit and after about a year of no snowboarding and MMA my back began to get back to normal. It's been about 4+ years now with only maybe two or three episodes of back pain which is probably arthritis now.

My point is that if there isn't a lot of nerve damage it can get better with correct training using strict form lifting weights and higher reps. Cardio is a must because it helps with blood flow to all muscle groups.

Use ice at night before bed and warm up good and stretch in mornings. Don't start using pills to mask the pain because it will make you lazy then the downward spiral begins. Just my two cents

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have much in the way of advise. I just hope all goes well for everyone dealing with these painful back issues. I've seen my wife's back pictures showing where her back was out of alignment and degenerated and it gets scary seeing where bone gets close to hitting bone. So far it has been manageable without the need for heavy pain meds for her.

Hoping your doctors will give you good advise and you will gain the wisdom to make good decisions to get you as pain free as possible and some healing solutions.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 5 Posts
    I can tell you one thing, if the Doc says I need to have another injection if this one doesn't take, I'm going to really have to think it over. I've never been someone who kills pain with drugs, so far I'm not impressed with the injection, or the pain meds. I may just have to Ice, stretch and grit my teeth till it either gets better or worse. I will have something figured out before hunting season, I have to, I'm NOT a good road hunter.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    I hope all is well TS

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My uncle is currently going through the same thing as you guys. He has been taking it really easy for the last several weeks and said it has helped alot. He's not a big fan of the injections or surgery either. I have watched the pain he's been in for a while now and I really feel for you guys. Good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sjsmallfield For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Currently Ill pound an 800 mg ibuprofen in the afternoon before the kiddo gets home. That allows me to breathe normal and stand erect without pain. Also swing and throw her around as she wants. And I sleep on a heating pad every night cranked up. Is ice better than heat slim jim?
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    my wife is going through the same thing. she didn't have any relief until the third shot

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mwalczak For This Useful Post: