Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ummmm wow, what a buck! So what were your buddy's standards? Nothing under 100"?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Umm Wow!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats! That is a sweet trophy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    That's an awesome looking buck. I'm not good at scoring antelope but that truly is a once in a lifetime trophy! That is the coolest looking goat I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing. BTW do you know what he scored?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    well we have a bit of a controversy over the score, we have two un-official scorers who score him at 89 3/4, i think they are within a 1/.4 inch of each other. We have another who scores him at 82, and this guy was an official scorer out of Meeker. I can see some difference by don't understand why such a big difference. But how can i question the official scorer? We were just talking about scoring him tonight as he just got back from the taxedermist. I had him green scored roughly after we shot him at 92. But i had never scored a goat before. Any official scorers on here that could weigh in would be great.

MM

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m.mcolorado View Post
    well we have a bit of a controversy over the score, we have two un-official scorers who score him at 89 3/4, i think they are within a 1/.4 inch of each other. We have another who scores him at 82, and this guy was an official scorer out of Meeker. I can see some difference by don't understand why such a big difference. But how can i question the official scorer? We were just talking about scoring him tonight as he just got back from the taxedermist. I had him green scored roughly after we shot him at 92. But i had never scored a goat before. Any official scorers on here that could weigh in would be great.

MM
    Do you have the papers each used. Wonder why such a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    great question velvet, i expected the sheet from the official scorer but he did not provide, i'm a little pissy about the whole deal as we waited the 60 day period, and now of course he will have shrunk some more. But my best friend who killed him is happy with his trophy and that is all that really matters. However, for me personally, i put in a lot of time finding this goat, so i really want to know

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m.mcolorado View Post
    great question velvet, i expected the sheet from the official scorer but he did not provide, i'm a little pissy about the whole deal as we waited the 60 day period, and now of course he will have shrunk some more. But my best friend who killed him is happy with his trophy and that is all that really matters. However, for me personally, i put in a lot of time finding this goat, so i really want to know
    So would I lol. I just can't see such a discrepancy between scores. Doesn't make sense. Either way that a big goat, I would have shot him! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 55 Times in 8 Posts
    I'l just throw a theory out. I have seen some scores on antelope that make no sense whatsoever (too high of a score). On deer and other antlered game you include the inside spread in the total score. When you score an antelope you do measure the spread, but it should not be included in the total score.

I have wondered at times if some people include spread into the score on their antelope.....that's a no no.

m.mcolorado...I have no idea what that antelope scores, but it is an amazing pronghorn whatever it scores. I have shot a dozen or so antelope and ate tag soup on a few occasions looking for a book animal and I would shoot that antelope in a heartbeat.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Umpqua and i totally agree and yes both greatest inside spread and tip to tip spread are on the score sheet but neither are totaled in the score. Scoring a goat looks pretty straight forward to me on the score sheet. i;m gunna give it a go and see what we come up with. I'll update soon!