Page 217 of 398 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3973
  1. #2161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 431 Times in 324 Posts
    Congratulations
    18
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Great idea!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Was relieved to find out my 1897 is a 2 3/4 after all the 2 3/4 shells I have put through it over the years! I recently read somewhere all 1897's were 2 5/8. So either thats not true or mine has been lengthened. I would be kinda nervous about a 2 3/4 lengthened to 3 because alot of 3'' shells are pretty hot compared to 2 3/4 shells.

  4. #2163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 227 Times in 171 Posts
    Congratulations
    41
    Congratulated 29 Times in 3 Posts
    So, is it just me or has every sectioned popped up showing there's new/unread posts?

  5. #2164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    897
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 201 Times in 173 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    So, is it just me or has every sectioned popped up showing there's new/unread posts?
    Same thing for me, I'm on Tapatalk not sure if that matters...

  6. #2165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 431 Times in 324 Posts
    Congratulations
    18
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Was relieved to find out my 1897 is a 2 3/4 after all the 2 3/4 shells I have put through it over the years! I recently read somewhere all 1897's were 2 5/8. So either thats not true or mine has been lengthened. I would be kinda nervous about a 2 3/4 lengthened to 3 because alot of 3'' shells are pretty hot compared to 2 3/4 shells.
    M97s were made up thru 1957, not sure but seem to remember everything since the 20's were all 2 3/4s. In shotguns like Rem 870s the barrels are interchangeable....3" or 2 3/4. My Dad had a Win M12 2/3/4 rechambered to 3" during WWII because 3" was all the shotgun ammo you could get. I still have it after 1000's of rounds of 3" shot thru it. He had the receiver relieved slightly to allow the longer shells to function.

    Tell me the serial number of your 97 and I can tell you the year it was made.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  7. #2166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    So, is it just me or has every sectioned popped up showing there's new/unread posts?
    No kidding! 245 new posts.........

  8. #2167
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 610 Times in 439 Posts
    Congratulations
    165
    Congratulated 71 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    No kidding! 245 new posts.........
    Some things have changed on my pages too. Strange.......
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

  9. #2168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    M97s were made up thru 1957, not sure but seem to remember everything since the 20's were all 2 3/4s. In shotguns like Rem 870s the barrels are interchangeable....3" or 2 3/4. My Dad had a Win M12 2/3/4 rechambered to 3" during WWII because 3" was all the shotgun ammo you could get. I still have it after 1000's of rounds of 3" shot thru it. He had the receiver relieved slightly to allow the longer shells to function.

    Tell me the serial number of your 97 and I can tell you the year it was made.
    Thanks! I have looked up the year but I forget now. I think its 20's? Its an actual 1897 not 97. It is probably an early 2 3/4. Either way I was somewhat relieved when it was 2 3/4! I have an 1897 in 16 gauge and 2 model 12's in 16 too.

  10. #2169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Some things have changed on my pages too. Strange.......
    I guess only the first page is new today. Had me worried at first. lol

  11. #2170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 187 Times in 178 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    So, is it just me or has every sectioned popped up showing there's new/unread posts?
    Yeah im having the same thing going on. not sure whats up. same on my tapatalk and on the computer

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. It's official!
    By ChadH in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
  2. Another Bag thread (Big Agnes)
    By Muleys 24/7 in forum Everything Backcountry
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
  3. Got Coues Official Score In!!!!
    By Shaun in forum Blacktail, Coues' and Whitetail
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 12:53 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
  5. Thread Deleted? Really?
    By Elkoholic307 in forum Antelope
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •