Page 234 of 396 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3960
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Where should I NOT apply for deer in Nevada? Im not real worried about draw odds or drawing this year. Been applying for 061-068L but not to excited about hunting behind 1500+ tags in the early season. late ML season in 114-115 looks interesting but COLD! Some of the units around Eureka look pretty good and I like 121 and 131 for some reason. Never been off the pavement much but I have drove hwy 50 a few times going from CA to CO so I have some idea what its like out there. There are some nice bucks in the grocery store in Eureka so there must have been good hunting around there at some time! NV is always hard for me to narrow down. For 1 thing the hunt areas are so big and with the draw system you cant really narrow it down by how many points you have or how many you want to draw by. Since I cant figure out were to apply I thought process of elimination might work better. lol
    How many points do you have?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    How many points do you have?
    I have 4 points. I like the northern units because they are closer but Ely is about 700 miles which isnt any farther then where i hunt in WY. It really doesnt matter other then scouting is easier in closer units.
    Last edited by Musket Man; 03-27-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 62 Times in 8 Posts
    Ely has great deer numbers and big bucks. The country is steep and very big. I've seen some of the biggest deer in Nv in Those's areas. I personally prefer to hunt in cold weather. But the coldest weather I've ever been in is Ely. -20 is freakin way to cold but it is what it is.

Eureka can hold good deer. I hunted the diamonds a few years ago and found many deer without much scouting. There are roads everywhere. I have a buddy that gets a landowner tag in that area if you want to pay the money. The problem in these central areas is that NDOW is giving out way to many tags and the numbers are down. I did notice that they did lower the available tags this year. Thank god!

MM over closer to you the Granites are coming back but the lions are getting out of control in some of the areas and if you don't have the time to scout it would be a very tough hunt. 031 has deer and a bunch of it burned last year and I'm betting the groceries will be good now that we have been getting some rain.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks IKIC! Ely area sounds like more what Im looking for. I want an area with decent numbers that doesnt have an orange vest under every bush. Most of the times I been to Ely were in November. I know how cold it can be which is why Im not so sure about that Nov 10-30 ML hunt!

It says in the status book they are considering a big wind turbine project in it that would effect the hunting alot. Has anyone herd anything about this or if they are doing it? Would hate to draw it and get there to find turbines and roads all over it.
    Last edited by Musket Man; 03-27-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Thanks IKIC! Ely area sounds like more what Im looking for. I want an area with decent numbers that doesnt have an orange vest under every bush. Most of the times I been to Ely were in November. I know how cold it can be which is why Im not so sure about that Nov 10-30 ML hunt!

It says in the status book they are considering a big wind turbine project in it that would effect the hunting alot. Has anyone herd anything about this or if they are doing it? Would hate to draw it and get there to find turbines and roads all over it.
    Keep in mind, although it's big country Ely can get crowded as well. If you don't want to make that haul some of the northern washoe and humbodlt county units can be good as well, I really enjoy 032. Shoot me a pm if you want to know more about any of those units.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NVBird'n'Big For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    The beast is alive!! After years of garage dust almost claimed her. New plugs,wires, fuel lines, oil lines, calipers, new carb, rotors, pads. She got the works. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396117011.643276.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	9043
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks good hardstalk!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Really nice hardstalk.......Pop has a '69 sting ray collecting dust, can not convince him to pull it out and fix what's needed. I should just steal it and to it myself......then again......he would call in the Army, Navy, and Coast Guard!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 15 Times in 5 Posts
    Holy smokes hardstalk, that's a beauty. That sure would be fun!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rancho.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	9045

This is my 57 Ranchero...had it for 25 years. Has a 351 Cleveland that I built. Great old street rod!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley