Page 281 of 402 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4016
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Do you have many ticks there? Had a bunch of ticks get on my dog once and he was nearly paralized from it and the vet did something for him. I was deployed at the time. You might check her closely for ticks. If she is improving and not in alot of pain I would probably keep an eye on her and give it a day or 2. Weekend vet calls are usually alot more expensive.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Well the vet said he doesn't need to see her. He think she just hurt herself in excitement because we did have a bull snake Thursday before she acted up. She is improving.

No ticks that we have ever seen here. We are just going to keep her hydrated and full and let her rest.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Good to hear she is improving. Dogs seem to try and play tough when they are hurting, so good job noticing. That is a good point about snakes,spiders, and other creepy crawlies. Its that time of year to really watch out for them here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hope she gets better soon velvet! Cant get my old dog to eat anything but deer sausage. Turning her nose up at canned dog food now. Dont thing she will be around much longer. My other dog isnt much younger but still in good shape. Had to get rid of the Husky I had because Im pretty sure she killed 2 calves. Wish I had got a collie x dog from the place I hunted antelope last year but didnt cuz I had the husky, wish I had now he was a cool dog. Think Ill be looking for a pup next spring.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Hope she gets better soon velvet! Cant get my old dog to eat anything but deer sausage. Turning her nose up at canned dog food now. Dont thing she will be around much longer. My other dog isnt much younger but still in good shape. Had to get rid of the Husky I had because Im pretty sure she killed 2 calves. Wish I had got a collie x dog from the place I hunted antelope last year but didnt cuz I had the husky, wish I had now he was a cool dog. Think Ill be looking for a pup next spring.
    She is improving as the day has gone on. She has been doing her normal stuff and raised her head up more. Maybe by tomorrow she will be the same stubborn, rotten, spoiled lab that she is. Up until Thursday, she always had the energy of a puppy and shredded any toy or bed you have her.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I usually figure if they are improving and eating and drinking they will be ok!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Those dang things can really get you worried. Mine are spoiled rotten and getting older, too. My aussie mix might be retired from hiking this year. She loves it for a couple of hours, but lately she has started to get pretty stiff and sore. She used to charge up the trail and then look back as if to say "What are you waiting for? Come on!" charge back to me and then charge up the trail again. probably added 3x the miles to the hike. Now she just trots for a little while and then walks beside me. Its nice to finally have her heel but I wish it was because she was obedient. Sorry to hear about your dog MM and having trouble. It can be a sad time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its hard to let them go but its part of having them I guess. My dog that went bout 3 years ago held on till I told him it was ok to go. once I told him it was ok he went within 10 minutes. Crazy but true.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Those dang things can really get you worried. Mine are spoiled rotten and getting older, too. My aussie mix might be retired from hiking this year. She loves it for a couple of hours, but lately she has started to get pretty stiff and sore. She used to charge up the trail and then look back as if to say "What are you waiting for? Come on!" charge back to me and then charge up the trail again. probably added 3x the miles to the hike. Now she just trots for a little while and then walks beside me. Its nice to finally have her heel but I wish it was because she was obedient. Sorry to hear about your dog MM and having trouble. It can be a sad time.
    Dogs getting old are like people getting old, they will try to tough it out no matter what. Last year in May I had to put my Lab down after 13 1/2 years. Tough thing to do. The great thing for me tho is that next Saturday, I get to pick up my new Lab puppy, then the work begins.

The reason I suggested spider & scorpions is that my wife's parents lost a cat to a black widow bite and I've had a springer nailed by a scorpion that got really sick. Hope your pal gets better.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Are you concerned that you don't have enough posts, and the other member's will think you are a newbie. Well now we have just what you need, the "Official Post Padding Thread".

Feel free to post about anything or everything totally random, post random numbers and characters, post your children's quiz grades, post about brushing your teeth, post about how you trim your nose hairs, it does not matter! Just boost the numbers of posts that you have. You too can go from hardly any posts to 100, 200 posts or more in no time.

You may think a pad posting thread like this would cost you $129.99 or even $159.99, but you can have it for only 48 monthly payments of only $9.99, yes only 48 monthly payments of $9.99! And that's not all, if you act now, for a limited time it is absolutely free.

Just think, when you reach that prestigious 1000 post level, people will look at you think you too actually know something about hunting and the outdoors even though you have no clue whatsoever!

DISCLAIMER: This thread may irritate a few of our more grumpy members, who don't approve of having fun, however if and when they post their complains, they can be officially known as a post padder as well

Warning: Excessive use of this thread may cause dizziness, anorexia, blindness, insanity, baldness, obesity, incontinence, diarrhea, sleep deprivation, infertility, cancer, the jitters, unreasonable boldness in grizzly country, make you think you can fly, and/or constipation.
    Happy Birthday Post Padding Thread!