Page 356 of 402 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4016
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Haha! Nice one Againstthewind-having been born and raised in Western Colorado (Grand Junction to be exact) I understand the sentiment. But then again, Colorado exports their "greenies," now days in more ways than just the green license plates, but yeah, I eventually found a lot about Texas I liked and made some life long friends out there.

The beauty about Shiner is that while it is a full bodied lager, it's not too overbearing and is real refreshing on its own as well as goes good with about any kind of food. Sometimes goes down a little too smooth....on my fourth this afternoon

BTW, my wife is from Casper and I am always looking for job opportunities up in wyo to move. Majestic country, relatively few people. LOVE Wyoming, even in January.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Bring on the Lone Star and Pearl Beer. When I was in the service in Texas (San Antonio) we used to go to the LS Brewery and lift a few. Drank lots of Pearl too. My wife used to work at the Long Star Brewery Office so I got lots of beer brought home....bless her. I drank a LS a couple of weeks ago and it didn't taste as good as I remember, but it wasn't brewed in San Antonio as the brewery is now shut down.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Easy on the Shiner Micro, lol. That sounds exactly like my type of beverage. We should time share houses, lol, I am not so fond of January in Wyoming sometimes, but I don't think I could handle July in AZ either. I tried to Snow bird in Portland, OR once, but I think I would rather deal with 30 below than the constant drizzle of rain it seemed like.

There are quite a few "greenies" moving into this area. I should expand my horizons a little bit. I have been south of Denver (DIA is still Denver isn't it?) exactly two days in my life, well three if you count a 2 hr layover in NC, so I have no idea about that part of the world. I would love to see the gulf coast and some of cool landscapes around Grand Junction some day.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 3 Posts
    Gulf coast is just covered in seaweed and suntanned hotties, nothing to see down here.

And micro, I had a jalape˝o/cheese & a boudin kolache this morning....it shocked me that people had no idea what they were.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Pmule; yeah, nothin' to see down there especially when the bull reds are in the surf and the specks are biting in the bays; just terrible! Although I have caught my fair share of wind and sargassum too. I can't believe I forgot to mention the coast as one of the things to miss about TX.

Against; let me know if you get around to tryin' shiner bock. Curious to see what you think! Also, from the other post on careers-Micropterus is the latin name for the genus of black basses. So yeah, the largemouth are Micropterus salmoides and another example would be the Guadalupe bass or Micropterus treculii (the state fish of TX). If you end up gettin' into that teaching and have any questions or if I can help, don't hesitate to PM me and I will assist in any way I can!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    CC: Yep, nothing wrong with LS. I bet it was better at the brewery. What isn't always better fresh? Noticed you're outta Dolores. Doesn't get much prettier than that country! Used to work McPhee reservoir when I was working with the CDOW. Very cool place. Spent a lot of time fishing West Creek in Unaweep canyon with my grandpa. Real good turkey hunting around that part of the Unc too!

BTW: thank you for your service!
    Last edited by micropterus79; 07-11-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: add on a salutation

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I try to avoid the surf & usually go out past the jetties at Sabine Pass. Could drag super flukes & sluggos Carolina-rigged across the tip of the jetties and pick up the bull reds...or just free line croaker or piggy perch on the big rigs and take a lot of the fun out of it. 30-50" bull reds on bass tackle ends up being pretty fun. Also found out that you could catch the specks fishing truck worms whacky style at the hot water discharges of the refineries.

I never have caught a Guadalupe bass, probably because I've never fished where they were. My 4yrs spent living in San Antonio saw me fishing stock tanks stocked with Florida strain fish. Our local reservoirs are stocked with them too and can catch some after weeding through all the Kentuckies.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micropterus79 View Post
    CC: Yep, nothing wrong with LS. I bet it was better at the brewery. What isn't always better fresh? Noticed you're outta Dolores. Doesn't get much prettier than that country! Used to work McPhee reservoir when I was working with the CDOW. Very cool place. Spent a lot of time fishing West Creek in Unaweep canyon with my grandpa. Real good turkey hunting around that part of the Unc too!

BTW: thank you for your service!
    I was station there in 1964/65 in the Viet Nam era. Yes I do love it here. Great hunting and fishing. Bought property here before I retired and then built a home on it Been retired 14 years and lovin every minute of it!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    You guys all must have drank too much....no posts since yesterday evening!
    I meant business this past weekend, but no hogs despite the corn spinning. Only 1 picture of a hog on the cameras which is great news!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    Must be hot, your ice melted...