Page 94 of 373 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    Had a the same kind of experience in 2009. My dad and I took our two antelope bucks to the taxi and when we picked them up the capes were switched. Kinda pissed me off! My buck had the better cape but I guess I can always go over to my dads house to look at it when I want. I now have a new taxi.
    My cousin in CA took 2 blacktails in at the same time for him and his grandpa once and they got the capes switched too (I think it was west coast taxidermy in san bruno). Kinda makes ya wonder how many get switched and no one notices...... I really like my taxi and the work he does and I have no intention of switching. Im just a bit irritated with him at the moment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    My cousin in CA took 2 blacktails in at the same time for him and his grandpa once and they got the capes switched too (I think it was west coast taxidermy in san bruno). Kinda makes ya wonder how many get switched and no one notices...... I really like my taxi and the work he does and I have no intention of switching. Im just a bit irritated with him at the moment.
    It's funny. I didn't even notice for a couple months. I had a friend over and we were looking at the photo and the mount at the same time. That was when I noticed somthing wasn't right. I looked at pic of my dads mount and his field photo then I realized what happend. The one good thing is that I can keep calling my dad a thief every time I'm at his house.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    Had a the same kind of experience in 2009. My dad and I took our two antelope bucks to the taxi and when we picked them up the capes were switched. Kinda pissed me off! My buck had the better cape but I guess I can always go over to my dads house to look at it when I want. I now have a new taxi.
    My moms and grandpas bull elk capes were switched also. But the funny thing is, they look better than if they were correct LOL. But one thing is, we get the mount once he passes away. So we can have the cape Hahahahahahaha.

I noticed the difference. Because when you have a 5 year old bull cape and a 10 year old one, its pretty easy to tell. The old bull had several scars.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Least you can give your dad a bad time about it LOL! My taxi got a little worried when he was waiting for my antelope horns to set up. He was standing there holding them and he said "your sure there right now....cuz Im relying on you right now". I assured him I knew my antelope and they were right and told him the other guy should pay $25 of my mount for getting the right horns on his antelope. lol

I wish old hunter was still around. Would be interesting to see what he had to say on that "Wyoming a crock" thread! lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    My moms and grandpas bull elk capes were switched also. But the funny thing is, they look better than if they were correct LOL. But one thing is, we get the mount once he passes away. So we can have the cape Hahahahahahaha.

I noticed the difference. Because when you have a 5 year old bull cape and a 10 year old one, its pretty easy to tell. The old bull had several scars.
    All this is not making me feel any better about it. lol. Sounds like it happens more then I thought.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    All this is not making me feel any better about it. lol. Sounds like it happens more then I thought.
    Lol, this taxi wasn't great. Just a friend that did some work. Still, it seems like it happens now alot lol. Your blood pressure has risen right now I bet LOL.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like you got the correct horns now so it should be all good. When I found the taxi I was talking about I didn't do much research on him. Come to find out he has a pretty bad reputation for being a flake. Sometimes I would call him anywhere from 6-12 times and not hear back from him for a month or more. The guy does really good work and is a hell of a nice guy but he is a horrible buisnessman.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not much smells better then a canvas tent

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Boiled the dead head I found and let the wife and kid get at it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382915459.743082.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	6910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382915476.991998.jpg 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	6911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382915488.818248.jpg 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	6912
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like a zombie buck hardstalk! lol