Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 8 Posts

Why do people still shop at cabelas?

I enjoy their store and have spent thousands over the years but their prices are terrible. Cabelas has never beaten a price and they usually have everything at MSRP. I always search cabelas to see what price not to pay for item and then hop on Amazon. Their shipping prices are a joke. They'd charge you $25 to ship a $100 bill.

That being said, a ton of people I know still go there and still order from them online. A lot of you received gifts from cabelas or have gift cards. What makes you shop there?

I don't have a grudge against cabelas or anything. I've always had good buying experiences. I don't understand how they can still be selling stuff when you can get everything 10% cheaper and with free shipping. Also, their markup is crazy if you know anyone who has sold a product in their store

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 102 Times in 13 Posts
    Yeah I've wondered the exact same thing!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 8 Posts
    I just bought a 4k generator from them. It was on sale and I got free shipping. It is their nameplate, made by Champion. I searched everywhere on the internet (including Amazon) and could not beat their price. I got it shipped to me for around $425.00. It is a remote start model.

My point is, I do shop there, but only buy items that I cannot beat their price elsewhere.. Usually stuff on sale. I also accumulate points and 2 years ago had enough to get a T/C Pro Hunter BP rifle for Free, picked it up at the Grand Junction store, so no shipping.

Also they take stuff back, no questions asked.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    A $30 100 fill Primaloft puffy jacket for starters.
    Then there was the $115 Salomon Quest 4d's.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree that their regular prices aren't that great but if you're patient, pretty much every item in their store is on sale every couple of months at the most. They also have either free shipping or $20 coupons all the time. Plus they will literally take back anything on a return. Buying something off Amazon and having an issue with it is way more of a hassle versus getting it from Cabelas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NDHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    Their prices can be high but they often have great sales. Also I don't ever pay for shipping since there is a Cabelas store 5 miles from where I work, so when I order online I have it shipped to the store, and I stop in there after work and pick up my order.

A few years ago I bought one of their meat grinders which was on sale for $399 and I had a $20 off coupon so I paid $380 for a grinder that is normally priced at $580. I like knowing that if anything goes wrong with it I can easily get parts for it and possibly even have it replaced under warranty.

They also have a great selection of clothing and boots, and matter of fact right now they have a sale going on some leather Cabelas brand boots, and I plan on ordering a pair later today. I already have a pair of the same boots, and have been wearing them for five years. I noticed in one spot the seam is just starting to come apart, so I'll get these new ones while they're on sale for $107. The old ones will probably still last for at least another year but for the price I can't pass them up. They have been one of the best, and most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I'm sure there are better boots such as the Kenetreks I'm always hearing about, but those are way out of my budget.

I also go to the Cabelas store for reloading supplies. It's not really much more expensive than anywhere else.
    Last edited by bdan68; 12-26-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 12 Posts
    I agree, I use to shop there now I don't buy cabelas gear I only buy high quality gear such as kryptek,kuiu,first lite etc but I will occasionally pick up some things that are great deals but usually never clothing just other things.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 80 Times in 11 Posts
    I have received many gift cards on the last few years. I I usually use them in the bargain bin where items are 25-50% off. This year for some unknown reason my in laws spoiled me with an unusually high value of cards. $400 worth. I'm thinking about applying them toward a gun. I will be going to the nearest store tomorrow to look around. I haven't. Bought myself a gun in nearly 20 years!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 80 Times in 11 Posts
    I also agree that their prices are not all that great, as far as hunting clothes go I've never tried Cabela's brands. I have. Bought casual clothing however and have been happy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I get out West and forget something I know I can swing by there to pick it up.

In November, I bought a pair of the Cabela's Windshear fleece pants because the forecast changed before my MT deer hunt to below 0 temps and I figured I better get warmer pants than what I brought.

The weatherman turned to be wrong and temps were around 20. I wore these with a merino base layer and got way too hot until I took off the base layer. I wore them all week with no base layer and was never cold. I have been wearing them the last couple weeks to sit in a December deer stand and still don't wear a base layer. And, they're completely silent and are not very heavy.
    Last edited by hoshour; 12-26-2014 at 02:36 PM.