Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts

Question Need a new everyday carry knife!!

So I'm assuming most of you guys carry a knife every day, my old Benchmade of about 10yrs finally broke in half. I'm hard as he!! on a knives, I need one with a thick blade and that sharpens easy. I use them to cut anything from electric fiber fencing, bailing twine to using it as pry bar and screw driver(yes I carry a leatherman, but sometimes it just doesn't fit the bill). My old one was D2 steel and that thing was impressive, I could run it across a steel and have a new blade in no time. But prying on it the other day and cutting out some jammed up bailing twine with my leatherman finally broke the blade in half. I've got a Sportsmans right across the street with a plethora of knives at my disposal. Any recommendations from you hardcore dudes on what knives to look at, I don't care if it's pink as long as it'll hold up!! I'm lookin for a folder with locking blade.

Thanks gentlemen!!
    Last edited by woodtick; 09-29-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 2 Posts
    You and me both! I left mine on the tailgate after working on a combine part... rest in piece
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm a nut for an S30V blade steel. My two favorite EDC knives with S30V, and ones that I have often see show up on "Top EDC" lists are:

Spyderco Sage 1 (Carbon Fiber)

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=332

Benchmade Osborne 943, Plain Edge (non-serrated), with their axis lock (my favorite blade lock):

http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...px?keyword=943

I have read a lot of good reviews on the Benchmade Osborne 940:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/940

The "Knife Wizard" on the Benchmade website is a great way to narrow your choices of Benchmade knives. You can choose your preferred steel type and lock type as well as other criteria:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/knife_wizard.aspx
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 09-29-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Take a look at SOG knives too. They might fit the bill.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Take a look at SOG knives too. They might fit the bill.

Also Cold Steel
    http://www.coldsteel.com/default.aspx
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been eye balling that Benchmade 940 Osborne ,SPYDERCO YOJIMBO2 and the SOG SPEC-ELITE II, all are different animals.

Decisions, decisions!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    obsborne 940 +1.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I suggest the Benchmade Osborne. I have the one and am very impressed with it. It's a very durable knife that sharpens very easily. Great all around knife!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    I really like my Benchmade 556 mini griptilian. http://www.benchmade.com/products/556

I accidentally busted the very tip of the blade off about 9 months ago. I called Benchmade, and asked if they could maybe fix the blade. They said to send it in, and they'd look at it. 3 weeks later, I had basically a new knife.... New blade, new guts, new everything. I'm pretty sure the only thing they didn't replace was the belt clip.

With service like that, I'll never buy another knife that's not a Benchmade. Except for Havalon of course, but that's for different purposes
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyu View Post
    obsborne 940 +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak32 View Post
    I suggest the Benchmade Osborne. I have the one and am very impressed with it. It's a very durable knife that sharpens very easily. Great all around knife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    I really like my Benchmade 556 mini griptilian. http://www.benchmade.com/products/556

I accidentally busted the very tip of the blade off about 9 months ago. I called Benchmade, and asked if they could maybe fix the blade. They said to send it in, and they'd look at it. 3 weeks later, I had basically a new knife.... New blade, new guts, new everything. I'm pretty sure the only thing they didn't replace was the belt clip.

With service like that, I'll never buy another knife that's not a Benchmade. Except for Havalon of course, but that's for different purposes
    I couldn't pull myself to buy anything but a bench made after the longevity that old one provided.

I got the Osborne 940, I like that style of blade and it's still big enough to some serious chores, thanks gentlemen!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Confucius