Page 93 of 371 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Word is out and I'm heading up for one last shot Sunday through Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Thats the hardest part about the canyon im hunting. If I try and hunt it in the morning they feed from the bottom up. In the evening they come from the top down. Ill have to get setup mid day at the top. Hope for a glimpse in the evening or for them to feed to me the following day. Going in with headlamps would clear the canyon because there all feeding down low in the dark.
    Sounds like a difficult area to hunt but I expect thats why he lives there and why he got to be a mature buck! Good luck! Wish I was hunting mule deer this year!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by nvarcher View Post
    Word is out and I'm heading up for one last shot Sunday through Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nearly had a disaster at the taxidermist today. I stopped by to pickup my antelope horns untill he gets the cape back. He hadnt got him put back together yet and when he got him down to glue his horns back on I noticed right away only 1 horn was mine! I didnt say anything I just climbed up to where the other antelope were, went through them and found my other horn and handed it down to him. He apologized and said he would of caught it when he went to put them all back together but honestly I kinda feel that I saved his butt and Im glad I stopped by and caught it. I really like him and he does great work but would think he would be more careful keeping the right horns with the right skull. Maybe he will be after this. Him and I both did find it kinda funny that my antelope this year and last year were the 100th animal he took in for the year. lol Mine was the biggest antelope he took in this year and last year but when I got home this years shrunk a bit when I put him next to last years. Im still definitely very happy with him though

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Finally all done working under my house! really been getting my a$$ kicked crawling around under it so will be nice to be working on things that I can standup to do. Some days I went to the little bar there and had a burger and a few beers just to I could get back under it again. Think I got them trained now cuz when I go there they hand me a beer and start a burger and fries Saw Hank 3 night before last! Saw him last year too and Im going back next year if he comes this way! Great show and he changed it enough that it wasnt just a repeat of last year at all. He's a real down to earth guy too and really nice how he takes the time to meet everyone after he gets done and he played for 4 hours and 15 minutes! It was a great time! We got a little drunk (me and my girlfriend), had a good dinner, got a little drunker, went to his show, stumbled back to the hotel across the street and drank a bit more

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Very cool MM. Those sound like some good times!

The taxi thing would have bugged me a lot. Wow to just think you might have gotten the wrong horns! I'm sure in the end as most guys would know if they where your horns or not. But wow what a shizz story if you showed up to pick up your mount and as soon as you saw it you think to yourself........... Umm we have a problem.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nevada vs UNLV today Go Pack!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Official Post Padding Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    Nevada vs UNLV today Go Pack!!!
    Those are some fun games to attend!! Funr!! Good times tailgating at those bad boys as a bachelor!

Last year I was grilling ground antelope w/ eggs, bacon cheese and lipton onion soup mix burgers with no intention on on attending the game having a few cold ones in the parking lot. Until of course unlv came out first quarter with 3 tds and I almost thought we would actually win! Of course the rest of the game lost momentum and unlv lost..
    Last edited by hardstalk; 10-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    The taxi thing would have bugged me a lot. Wow to just think you might have gotten the wrong horns! I'm sure in the end as most guys would know if they where your horns or not. But wow what a shizz story if you showed up to pick up your mount and as soon as you saw it you think to yourself........... Umm we have a problem.
    Im still a bit disturbed by it. I agree with him the horn that wasnt mine didnt fit my skull quite right since mine was heavier at the base, also my horns were a bit lighter color then any others he had there. The color difference was the first thing I noticed. But if he had 2 there with nearly the same size bases it would be hard for him to tell what horn was from what skull. If I got the wrong horn or horns back we would of had a problem! Then it makes me think is that really my cape on him. I really dont like mounting an animal with a different cape. If its an old mount being redone is 1 thing but when I take 1 I just killed to get mounted I want the 1 I got on my wall! Im probably reading into it to far. Im sure it was an honest mistake and think he would of caught it if I hadnt showed up and wanted to take my horns. On the other hand he said he would have them put together in a few days when I dropped him off and I told him I would be there the 23nd to pick them up since that was the concert and I would be in the area. I understand he is really busy this time of year and I would be even more worried if he wasnt just seems he would have some system of labeling them to avoid this. Maybe he will after this! lol. He also doesnt get alot of antelope. I think he had 4 there including mine.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Nearly had a disaster at the taxidermist today. I stopped by to pickup my antelope horns untill he gets the cape back. He hadnt got him put back together yet and when he got him down to glue his horns back on I noticed right away only 1 horn was mine! I didnt say anything I just climbed up to where the other antelope were, went through them and found my other horn and handed it down to him. He apologized and said he would of caught it when he went to put them all back together but honestly I kinda feel that I saved his butt and Im glad I stopped by and caught it. I really like him and he does great work but would think he would be more careful keeping the right horns with the right skull. Maybe he will be after this. Him and I both did find it kinda funny that my antelope this year and last year were the 100th animal he took in for the year. lol Mine was the biggest antelope he took in this year and last year but when I got home this years shrunk a bit when I put him next to last years. Im still definitely very happy with him though
    Had a the same kind of experience in 2009. My dad and I took our two antelope bucks to the taxi and when we picked them up the capes were switched. Kinda pissed me off! My buck had the better cape but I guess I can always go over to my dads house to look at it when I want. I now have a new taxi.