Page 189 of 396 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3960
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 3 Posts
    I have no clue. I'd never do it, but folks have different reasons for doing the things that they do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by someone taking a very respectable animal and then for whatever their reasons are for not wanting them leaving the. Horns in the field? I see it as kinda disrespectful to the animal and also taking the opportunity away from someone else that wound have at the very least proudly nailed those horns on the wall of their garage! Why kill a bigger buck or bull if you dont want the horns? Maybe its just me but I dont get it.
    I dont see the point of getting a bull tag to leave the horns out there and take meat at that point let someone else use the bull tag and go get yourself a cow tag.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    Back to handshake thing guys,I think you might find this amusing. I really don't deal with the greatest people of all while working. Last week I had to speak to a guy and when I got to his home he was eating some kind of hot pocket or pizza pocket. Grease and sauce all over and he was licking it off of his hands. I tell him we have to go and to wash his hands. He then licks his hands a little more and wipes them on his jeans. I then touch his hands and put him into my car. I then get into car and grab my grizzly and throw in a big dip. Then I remembered I had touched this guys hands and then my chew which was now in my mouth. Horrible!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearhunter3450 View Post
    Back to handshake thing guys,I think you might find this amusing. I really don't deal with the greatest people of all while working. Last week I had to speak to a guy and when I got to his home he was eating some kind of hot pocket or pizza pocket. Grease and sauce all over and he was licking it off of his hands. I tell him we have to go and to wash his hands. He then licks his hands a little more and wipes them on his jeans. I then touch his hands and put him into my car. I then get into car and grab my grizzly and throw in a big dip. Then I remembered I had touched this guys hands and then my chew which was now in my mouth. Horrible!!!
    Puke in mouth. Some stories are better left untold

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 1 Post
    Is anyone else bothered by someone taking a very respectable animal and then for whatever their reasons are for not wanting them leaving the horns in the field? I see it as kinda disrespectful to the animal and also taking the opportunity away from someone else that wound have at the very least proudly nailed those horns on the wall of their garage! Why kill a bigger buck or bull if you dont want the horns? Maybe its just me but I dont get it.
    Doesn't bother me a bit. Doesn't make any sense though either. I wouldn't say it's disrespectful to the animal because 1) it's just an animal and 2) it's dead anyway. If the hunter chooses to leave the horns he can do that because he paid for the license and he owns them, to an extent. If he chooses to leave them behind then they're fair game for you and I to come pick them up as we would any other winter-kill dead head.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elkoholic307 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Is anyone else bothered by someone taking a very respectable animal and then for whatever their reasons are for not wanting them leaving the horns in the field? I see it as kinda disrespectful to the animal and also taking the opportunity away from someone else that wound have at the very least proudly nailed those horns on the wall of their garage! Why kill a bigger buck or bull if you dont want the horns? Maybe its just me but I dont get it.
    I certainly diagree with leaving them behind. If you are a meat hunter, why not kill does & cows? They are better eating, cheaper tags, easier to draw & hunt. Just makes zero sense to me!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eberle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Doesn't make sense to me, just get a doe/cow tag and help the herd out that way. Any of you do that send me the coordinates so I can go pick the head up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearhunter3450 View Post
    When you figure out the cause of the shake gone bad please let me know, I too suffer from this affliction!
    So there I was... Today, I intentionally shook random hands to find the issue. Some folks didn't even see it comin' I believe it to be a lax approach thats causing the finger mangling. I noticed when I over postured my hand super wide open it made for a much more professional execution. I will study this and return with more findings as they become available. As for now, focus on wide finger separation and an over exxagarated open hand.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 56 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    So there I was... Today, I intentionally shook random hands to find the issue. Some folks didn't even see it comin' I believe it to be a lax approach thats causing the finger mangling. I noticed when I over postured my hand super wide open it made for a much more professional execution. I will study this and return with more findings as they become available. As for now, focus on wide finger separation and an over exxagarated open hand.
    You made me nervous Hardstalk, usually when I hear a story that starts out "So there I was" it isn't clean enough to be on EHF.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    I can understand getting a buck/bull tag in some areas because there are no doe/cow tags there but why not kill a small buck/bull for meat? Maybe some of it is just blind luck running into a nice one and really they just killed the first one they had the chance to kill. I guess to each is own but I dont agree with it or understand it at all.