Page 247 of 402 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 4016
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Hahaha no bucks but saw some hogs on a trip to see a temple.
    Close enough! lol. Take lots of pics of things other then beaches! Im curious what it looks like. I hear they have some big cattle ranches over there I would like to see some day.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Close enough! lol. Take lots of pics of things other then beaches! Im curious what it looks like. I hear they have some big cattle ranches over there I would like to see some day.
    Will do. We aren't around the cattle ranches. Those are on the Big Island. We are in Waikiki. But I did get some pics of the mountains here. They are freakin steep! But beautiful.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wouldnt have expected mountains like that there, but I never been there so Im not sure what I would expect. Get the spotter out, you might turn up a big buck in them mountains yet LOL
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Did you miss the vegetation in the bull pics?
    I've Been missing all vegitation for the last 5 months here finally all the snow is gone.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    In Hawaii
    looks like a good time probably nice and warm

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Great place. My wife and I will be on Maui for 2 weeks this October. I know, I know....right in the middle of hunting season, but I have an excuse, it will be our 50th wedding anniversary.
    Congratulations CC! 50 years is pretty impressive.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    If he had complied with everything the BLM wanted from the start it would be no different. When they started trying to regulate him off the land was when he stopped paying. I wouldnt want to pay someone thats trying to put me under either. They regulated everyone else out of that area and alot of other areas and that was their plan from the start with him too. Regulations on farming, ranching, logging,mining, ect are choking the west to death.

"His dispute with the government dates to 1993, when land managers cited concern for the federally protected desert tortoise and capped Bundy's herd at 150 animals on his 158,666-acre Bunkerville allotment of rangeland.

Bundy protested by withholding his monthly grazing fees and kept using the range. The BLM canceled his grazing permit in 1994. A federal court in 1998 ordered him to remove the animals, and federal authorities in 1999 officially closed the Bunkerville allotment to cattle."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/a...le-5383010.php

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...reaking-point/

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/nevad...3225314&page=2

Problem is it's still not his land and the rights to it aren't a perpetuity, it's just lease that could be revoked without cause on any given year. So he basically resulted to stealing to try to prove a point that he can't make bc he didn't want to cap his herd or find another place to put them. I can't see his 150 acre "ranch" holding a thousand head without it being a big feedlot. I've had people die and my grazing leases canceled by their heirs, I don't keep grazing their land for free, although that would be nice, and much cheaper in our area.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Great place. My wife and I will be on Maui for 2 weeks this October. I know, I know....right in the middle of hunting season, but I have an excuse, it will be our 50th wedding anniversary.
    Quite the accomplishment, Mr. CC.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    Congrats on 50 years CC!

IKIC, have fun, the wife and I spent a week in Maui last month. It was a great time, oh and I did spot some deer on our drive around the island. The wife wasn't too impressed, she said "We didn't come to Hawaii to look for deer!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Problem is it's still not his land and the rights to it aren't a perpetuity, it's just lease that could be revoked without cause on any given year. So he basically resulted to stealing to try to prove a point that he can't make bc he didn't want to cap his herd or find another place to put them. I can't see his 150 acre "ranch" holding a thousand head without it being a big feedlot. I've had people die and my grazing leases canceled by their heirs, I don't keep grazing their land for free, although that would be nice, and much cheaper in our area.
    Its not just a lease. That leased land goes with his deeded land. 150 cows on 150,000 acres or 1000 acres per cow, what kind of joke is that? Alot of guys lost everything buying deeded land with a lease like that and then having the lease taken away or reduced to nearly nothing. Its not right how they just pull the rug out from under people for no reason.