Page 248 of 360 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3599
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusvdk View Post
    So how many times a day do you check the forum. I personally check the forum 4 to 5 times through out the day. Tapatalk has increased it to that now that its easier to do on my phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    During the work week it seems like I am constantly checking. Days off I get away from it a little, but still check on my phone periodically. Haven't downloaded Tapatalk so I don't know how easy that is.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats on 50yrs CC

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulations cc! Quite the accomplishment and you sir are my idol! I bet you get asked this all the time but what is the secret?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is along the lines of what I've been told by others...

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary.
    Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town. A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and happy marriage.
    "Well, it dates back to our honeymoon," explained the man. "We visited the Grand Canyon and took a trip down to the bottom on the canyon by pack mule.
    We hadn't gone too far when my wife's mule stumbled. My wife quietly said, 'That's once.'
    We proceeded a little further and the mule stumbled again.
    Once more my wife quietly said,
    'That's twice.'
    We hadn't gone a half-mile when the mule stumbled the third time.
    My wife quietly removed a revolver from her pocket and shot the mule dead.
    I started to protest over her treatment of the mule when she looked at me and quietly said, 'That's once.'"

source: http://www.jokebuddha.com/Mule#ixzz2ySoHWZBP

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Its not just a lease. That leased land goes with his deeded land. 150 cows on 150,000 acres or 1000 acres per cow, what kind of joke is that? Alot of guys lost everything buying deeded land with a lease like that and then having the lease taken away or reduced to nearly nothing. Its not right how they just pull the rug out from under people for no reason.
    It's still a lease though which is why he still had to pay for it, he was just the leaseholder. The people who own the land (or their agencies) can change the terms along the way just like they can change lease rates. Bad thing is it looks like the Feds own the public land in NV and the SCOTUS has ruled that as being true, so he has to play by their rules. I don't really think it's right that they change the rules along the way but I also don't think people should be able to make their living on public land like that. What really makes that any different than say an individual leasing mineral rights in Yellowstone and drilling wells?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nevada is something like 85% public land. Most, nearly all, ranchers in NV use mostly public land for grazing. When you buy a ranch like this you buy the deeded land it has plus you buy the grazing rights and lease on the public land that comes with it. When the public land it taken away that goes with the deeded land it can make the deeded land almost worthless. Alot of ranchers lost everything because they bought a ranch with grazing rights and then the FS or BLM took the grazing away and at that point its not worth anything close to what they paid for it and they cant run enough cows to make it. The BLM dropped his lease from 1000 cows to 150 cows, an 85% reduction. That is when he stopped paying the lease and this disagreement started. There were 50 some ranches in Clark county before this and the BLM shut every one of them down by reducing their grazing allotment to nearly nothing. Cliven Bundy is the last one in the county now. This isnt about him not paying grazing fees, this is about the BLM being able to do whatever they want without anyone having a say in it.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's how it'll end up and there is precedent for it from other ranches taking it to court. There's also just so much you can do if the land is indeed worthless without the public grazing rights. If that's the case, you've got to pack up and go elsewhere while still maintaining ownership of that land. The costs of running cattle out West will eventually catch up with the costs of running them in the East. A lot of people will have to sell out and find something else to do, just like they did here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Congratulations cc! Quite the accomplishment and you sir are my idol! I bet you get asked this all the time but what is the secret?
    50 years is a long time. Been lots of give and take, but we both have supported each other and that's important. I knew what I was getting when we got married. My wife and I share lots of the same interests and values. We both love the outdoors and travel. She does not hunt, but loves to fish. She loves politics and I don't. It hasn't been perfect, at one point my job had me traveling a lot and it was tough being gone. We just worked thru everything and found a way to make our marriage stronger. The one thing I've learned is communicate!
    Just us together now, our son has his own business, single and is traveling all the time. So as long as our health holds out, we do lots of traveling. After Hawaii, its Costa Rica next winter and then probably Alaska next summer.

Been quite a ride.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Chits gettin crazy out in bundy land! Protesters are gathering by the many. New gossip states that is some seriously intersted frackin land with large value in it..
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have read people are coming from all over the country. Thinking about going myself if its still going on when I get done planting here. He is getting a bunch of elected officials on his side too. The feds and blm have taken this one to far. This is the United States of America and the federal government done not have unlimited power that We The People have no say in!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"