Page 251 of 402 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 4016
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Couldn't feed them or water them so it turns into a borderline case of animal cruelty. Remarkably the Feds are handling things pretty well and making a strong case that it's unsafe to round them up for all involved. I'm thinking they'll regroup with court approved capture methods since this route drags out to long and come back loaded for bear. They have a legit argument now that it's safer and more humane to shoot them than to let them die on a trailer.
    They killed the cows by pushing them to hard with choppers when it was to hot after tearing out a bunch of stock tanks so the cows would have to go to the river to drink.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 3 Posts
    Won't chase them with the choppers next time if they've already found a way to concentrate them during the heat of the Summer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No decent cowboys would charge more then the cows are worth to round them up anyways.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A decent rancher would have removed them to avoid losing them all. . See now with how long it took why those Dakota cattle got wiped out?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its not about the cows, its about the feds misusing the ESA and trying to force ppl off of the land. I fail to see what this has to do with all the cows that died in the blizzards in the Dakotas.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It not being cattle country is a good reason to force people off along with acreage required to make up a AUM. At <$2 AUM it's practically welfare and when you lease to make a living you're at the mercy of the lessor whether its the govt or private individual.

The roundup time has a lot to do with it and the numbers small outfits run on public land that they can't do anything with.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its had cows on it since the 1800's. How would it not be cow country now?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Getting cows off public land is being pushed by the so called environmental groups, defenders of wildlife, center for biological diversity, ect. The same groups that pushed so hard to introduce wolves and kept wolf management tied up in courts for years while alot of good hunting was destroyed. They would like nothing more then to end hunting and ranching in the west. If the feds have the power to stop grazing on public land that have the power to stop any other use on it too including hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Its had cows on it since the 1800's. How would it not be cow country now?
    It's just not...just like our Far West Tx desert isn't where it requirs 1 head to a section to not be overgrazed and catch tanks put in so they actually have water. Ppl can make it happen, but it's kind of like polishing a "floater" and thinking it'll magically turn into something else.

Stopping hunting wouldn't be in their best interest bc then they'd have to figure out some other way for the states to bring in income. Ranching in the West is kind of a love/hate thing since it's subsidized out the Wazoo. If it were some welfare leach waiting on the first of the month folks would likely not take kindly them, if it's some rancher that a person can relate to, then that's fine? IMHO, wildlife on BLM should come first before an individual's livelihood.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I dont see how its subsidized since the rancher pays per AUM to run cows on it. Its money that the land would not make otherwise. Sure its not the most productive grazing land but you can still run cattle on it.