Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am excited to hear what everyone else draws more than myself, I have a pretty good idea whats happening for me. I am in on a couple long shot hunts though, so you never know!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to Ron Wold's Oregontags website 10 pps should be what it takes to draw a NR Snake River rifle elk tag and that's exactly what I have. I'm looking forward to the draw results next week so I can get to planning the next scouting trip this summer/fall.
    Went down in mid-April and the rattlers were already out. Hiking Hells Canyon in mid-summer must keep a guy on his toes!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by lambeau View Post
    According to Ron Wold's Oregontags website 10 pps should be what it takes to draw a NR Snake River rifle elk tag and that's exactly what I have. I'm looking forward to the draw results next week so I can get to planning the next scouting trip this summer/fall.
    Went down in mid-April and the rattlers were already out. Hiking Hells Canyon in mid-summer must keep a guy on his toes!
    you want to be last in line during the day when the snakes are out, and first in line at night when the cats are out.

scouting sure is more fun when you know you have a tag coming for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My plan is scout July and August.

I will be general archery hunting unless a miracle pans out and I draw a metolious tag. I have enough points that I should draw my additional deer tag. As far as elk goes I will be archery hunting, should draw mt Emily but I'm on the edge as far as points go. I will be general archery hunting if I don't draw.

I will try to find some time in August - October to glass up some bears

I will be heading to Wyoming for a week and a half in early October chasing elk and hopefully deer.

Then in November I will be hitting my additional deer tag and general late hunt for bucks pretty hard.

Good luck in the draws everyone

Thanks
    Congratulations
    gates are open on top of Steens if anybody is going that way this fall. They still have the steep rd closed above the south campground, but you can go all the way from the north entrance.

I will be there this weekend to find some lost articles and hopefully land a few nice fish.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ORBucksBullsBears5 View Post
    My plan is scout July and August.

I will be general archery hunting unless a miracle pans out and I draw a metolious tag. I have enough points that I should draw my additional deer tag. As far as elk goes I will be archery hunting, should draw mt Emily but I'm on the edge as far as points go. I will be general archery hunting if I don't draw.

I will try to find some time in August - October to glass up some bears

I will be heading to Wyoming for a week and a half in early October chasing elk and hopefully deer.

Then in November I will be hitting my additional deer tag and general late hunt for bucks pretty hard.

Good luck in the draws everyone
    Sounds like you have a great plan. I am in for the late metolius as well, you never know!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    gates are open on top of Steens if anybody is going that way this fall. They still have the steep rd closed above the south campground, but you can go all the way from the north entrance.

I will be there this weekend to find some lost articles and hopefully land a few nice fish.
    I wish I were heading for the Steens this weekend, it's been 15 years since I've been that way. I hope you find wat your looking for!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Here are a couple Blacktail bucks we game cammed on our place two years ago. We didn't run the cams last year. Hoping to get my wife on one of them if they survived the cougars.

Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 06-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Here is the biggest threat to these bucks. We got over 40 trail cam pics with cougars that year:

Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 06-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Those are some great bucks UH! Looks like they have thier work cut out for them as far as staying alive with that many cat in the area. We need the hounds back!