Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts

Who else is here?

Oregon forum has been pretty dang slow lately. I thought I would see who else is planning on hunting in Oregon besides myself. I should draw my antelope hunt after 15 years of applying, and hope my youngest daugter draws the rifle hunt I put her in for. Other than that I will likely be bow hunting elk in the general season and rifle hunting bucks on the west side this fall. What are you all hoping to be huting this fall?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    SHEEP! Long shot I know but one can dream right? I put in for long shots on all of the other choices so not expecting much there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Did you apply for Cali or Rocky? We have some very good sheep hunting in Oregon. Good luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Well despite my policy of friends don't let friends hunt Oregon, I will be hunting Oregon primarily this year, unless Idaho or Montana pan out. Here is the current plan for Oregon.

AUGUST-SEPTEMBER: HUNT for big fish, fall chinooks. Amazing!

AUGUST: Cow elk for my 17 year old son. This is in a slam dunk area with an 8 month season. it will be his first elk.

LATE AUGUST-SEPTEMBER: OTC Archery Roosevelt elk for me.

OCTOBER: Columbia Whitetail rifle for my 17 year old son on private property. This land has not been rifle hunted for whitetails in 40 years.

OCTOBER: Blacktail for my wife on our ranch. We had two 150 class bucks here two years ago, but I think a cougar got them. They are VERY tough to kill.

NOVEMBER: Rut muzzleloader blacktail. This will be my main hunt this year, I'll give it up to 9 days.

DECEMBER: Muzzleloader elk for my wife.

Applied for sheep and antelope (random draw) for everyone and a few other long shot tags.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like you will stay plenty busy UH. A 150 Blacktail is BIG! I hope you get one like that with your smoke pole. Good luck on the draws. I'm in for Idaho deer, you never know!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was suppose to win the Oregon raffle this year but it didn't happen........ maybe next year?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    I was suppose to win the Oregon raffle this year but it didn't happen........ maybe next year?
    I thought I was going to win the sheep tag for sure! Like you, it didn't happen. It's fun to dream though. Its crazy how much I learned about sheep in Oregon, AFTER I went on my hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My main hunt this year is the East Northside elk hair tag. I'm going with my Dad and best friend. We are going to give it the full 9 days. I put in for the Metolius archery deer tag and the high cascade hunt as my 2nd choice. I put in for a lot of other raffles and once in a life tags as well. Next year we are going to Wyoming for antelope. My Dad and I have a ten year plan for hunting. We are trying to have a decent hunt every year for the next ten years. Dads getting close to sixty, but he is still in good shape. Just trying to get as much quality time as posible. Then when Dad starts slowing down my kids will be old enough and they will pick up were he left off.
    I also plan on getting a sheep tag as well!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well I'm officially an Oregon resident just in time for the applications so it will be my first go at it. Planning on hunting elk and deer on over the counter archery and maybe breaking in with a bear for my first Oregon kill. As of now, I will be doing this solo. I am overwhelmed with all the scouting that I'm trying to do since I moved here with no knowledge of Oregon. I just did my first 8k trail run in corvallis today. Oregon ben good to me so far, even caught some wild steelhead.
    Carl

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineboy View Post
    Well I'm officially an Oregon resident just in time for the applications so it will be my first go at it. Planning on hunting elk and deer on over the counter archery and maybe breaking in with a bear for my first Oregon kill. As of now, I will be doing this solo. I am overwhelmed with all the scouting that I'm trying to do since I moved here with no knowledge of Oregon. I just did my first 8k trail run in corvallis today. Oregon ben good to me so far, even caught some wild steelhead.
    Carl, just make sure you buy preference points for deer, elk, and antelope (and maybe bear) this summer/fall. For the best hunts you are going to need to bank 15 points or so, so don't lose a year.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)