Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
Do you not want the same Lowa lace in a 90"-96" or are you just wanting a stronger and a bit longer lace? I checked on the Lowa site and they say for replacement laces to let them know the length needed.

http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/low.../2130000111/13

I'd imagine you would want something close to the same dia for the lace lock to work well or at least from the Lowa boots my wife and I have it would seem that would be nice to have too.
KEVIN: I would love the same lace. I was on that link and it takes you to Summit Hut. The longest lace they have listed is 83" which is probably the same lace that I have. If I could find the length I need, I would probably just go with them.

PACKMULE: I measured my lace with a caliper this morning and it looks pretty close to 4 mm diameter. I see REI has "accessory cord" in 4 mm. Using that with heat shrink on the ends would probably be a good solution.

25C: The Spyder Line looks pretty good too and comes in 3.8 mm. 1860 pound breaking strength...hmmmm might just work...lol.

I wonder if it is good to have stretch in your boot laces or not. I can see pros and cons to low stretch laces.