Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

California Anti Lead Proposal

Well the state senate voted 7 to 1 today to ban lead in our hunting ammo, from what I understand the ban will become law in 2018. I'm so sick of financing "through tax dollars" these idiots !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    There's room for you here in Nevada! Ive written California off a long time ago.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    There's room for you here in Nevada! Ive written California off a long time ago.
    Ya, I've got a couple more years until retirement. After that I think me and my wife are outta here. Nevada is cool state with a LOT of opportunity's for the sportsman that's for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sad part is that some of these props, bills and laws trickle past California and move to other states and then on to the federal level for everyone. I really don't know if any place is really all that safe from some of these movements anymore. There aren't many states that can look back in time in their own state and can say they don't have a prop, bill or law in resent times that don't reflect these movements. I just don't think anyone should feel completely safe from them. Less is surly better in some states but if something doesen't change.... Well let's just say not much surprises me these days....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What's new!? I'm not surprised either. Barns and other similar copper alloy bullets are going to do extremely well from ca hunters in the coming years. Don't get me wrong, any ban is bad, but have you guys seen the other gun rights attacks? even worse! If anyone is a sportsman or owns a firearm in this state, our freedom's are dwindling away.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
    Sad part is that some of these props, bills and laws trickle past California and move to other states and then on to the federal level for everyone. I really don't know if any place is really all that safe from some of these movements anymore. There aren't many states that can look back in time in their own state and can say they don't have a prop, bill or law in resent times that don't reflect these movements. I just don't think anyone should feel completely safe from them. Less is surly better in some states but if something doesen't change.... Well let's just say not much surprises me these days....
    All it takes is a bunch of do-gooders with too much time on their hands and a rich sponsor(s), then there's nothing to stop them, not even reason, logic, common sense or reality.

California seems to have more than it's fair share of do-gooders with too much time on their hands and too many rich sponsors and voters with no reason, logic, common sense or connection with reality.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    What really bothers me about this is there is no proof at all that lead bullets are doing any harm to anything and from what I have read things that are dieing from lead posining (other then from a well placed bullet) like the condors are getting it from things like garbage, old batteries, ect. This is a flat out attack on hunting and nothing else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    What really bothers me about this is there is no proof at all that lead bullets are doing any harm to anything and from what I have read things that are dieing from lead posining (other then from a well placed bullet) like the condors are getting it from things like garbage, old batteries, ect. This is a flat out attack on hunting and nothing else.
    And that is exactly what it was intended to be. Just like the ban on bear hunting with hounds.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here is the latest version of the bill:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...2d78ddc09b3ca9

Note, this now includes rimfire ammunition. If you think .22 LR was expensive before, just wait!

(a) Nonlead ammunition, as determined by the commission, shall be required when taking all wildlife, including game mammals, game birds, nongame birds, and nongame mammals, with any firearm.
    Last edited by Sawfish; 06-12-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA