Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    My buddy in Wyoming drew his OIL Cali Sheep Tag for 570 B2 (E Beatys Butte/Alvord Peaks) that runs from 9/3-9/16. Any of you guys out that way that would care to chime in for areas to hone in on would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be quite a two or three week period because he already had drawn an archery bull elk tag for ne Nevada above Elko. It looks like we'll go to Oregon before Labor Day to scout and concentrate on taking a decent ram the first week and then head for Nevada for whatever time we have left in an attempt to fill that elk tag before that season ends on the 16th. Life is good!
    Hey Topgun welcome to Eastman's. I don't know that sheep area, I have only hunted the west side of Beatys and that was many years ago, so I con't help you there.

An idea for your friend. If he a had a LOT of elk points in Nevada (say 15+), he can return the tag and get his points restored, and focus solely on his sheep tag this year. If he drew Nevada elk with only a few points, it certainly makes sense not to give up the tag.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was fortunate to draw the one NR archery bull elk tag on Mt. Emily! Finally drew a tag this year so I am stoked!

Horniac

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horniac View Post
    I was fortunate to draw the one NR archery bull elk tag on Mt. Emily! Finally drew a tag this year so I am stoked!

Horniac
    Congrats Horniac. I was in your same point pool for that tag but passed on applying this year due to Wyoming tag. Eager to see how you do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Congrats Horniac. I was in your same point pool for that tag but passed on applying this year due to Wyoming tag. Eager to see how you do.

Thanks Zim,

Yeah we talked about it last year on MM. I didn't draw my WY elk tag with max points or my UT archery elk tag this year with 15 points so I am glad I drew this tag. Though I was sweating bullets, it actually couldn't have worked out any better. Still have WY antelope, AZ deer and sheep, and MT sheep, moose, and goat to go. In the running with my son for a late Coues deer tag in AZ and might draw a non-trophy WY antelope tag with my nephew so I have gone from depression to euphoria!

Happy to provide you with info on the hunt when you decide to pull the tag...

Horniac

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    Looks like you picked a good year to cash in. Thing I have been careful about is the OR tags are not returnable. Gotta be sure you can do the hunt. I am also awaiting WY lope results with 50/50 chance max point red desert hunt. And Arizona where we should draw a Kaibab late rifle deer hunt with 15 points.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Didn't draw a thing, but we went in with "0". no surprises. I will be spending about 4 weeks this year in ID. I will hunt OTC blacktail near my house. I will be hunting OTC bull tag in the White River area. Probably more for a warm up and conditioning for ID. We hunted there a few years back, and they are busted up and on the run. I think we have a good idea where to find them this time, so maybe it will be work out.

congrats to everybody, especially the surprises !!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    My buddy in Wyoming drew his OIL Cali Sheep Tag for 570 B2 (E Beatys Butte/Alvord Peaks) that runs from 9/3-9/16. Any of you guys out that way that would care to chime in for areas to hone in on would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be quite a two or three week period because he already had drawn an archery bull elk tag for ne Nevada above Elko. It looks like we'll go to Oregon before Labor Day to scout and concentrate on taking a decent ram the first week and then head for Nevada for whatever time we have left in an attempt to fill that elk tag before that season ends on the 16th. Life is good!
    I hunted sheep there in 2001. Send me a PM with your phone number and I will share what I can remember.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Yes they are! I drew the Powers bow elk hunt with one point, cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    My son drew Juniper antelope with 2 points!
    So that's where all the good luck went! LOL Congrats on a couple great tags.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My wife and I drew Owyhee buck tags and I drew an antlerless deer tag for the same area. Will be hunting Out of State in Idaho this year as well.
    Joe Buttice
    Twisted Addiction
    Oregon State University
    Forest Management
    Bennett Lumber Products Inc.
    Lumber Salesman

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    Good luck in the Owyhee unit ICEMAN, there's lots of country to cover! Bring your sun screen, it may be a hot one September 28th out there! That's one unit I wish I could spend some time in, there has to be some big 'ol desert bucks hiding somewhere??