Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Timber, I'd love to hear how your hunt goes there. I almost burned my points for N Wagontire on the muzzy antelope hunt.

I've never hunted Juniper, do you know where to start. PM me if you have some leads for us.
    I will shoot you a pm later UH. I know a couple guys who have hunted it reciantly, one killed a 82" buck. I have no problems with telling you some places to look. You guys are going to have fun!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My dad and I drew the East Northside Elk hunt. We also drew our second choice deer which was the W High Cascade hunt. My dad also drew a doe tag. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with my dad. Good luck to all!
    Umpqua that's great about your son. I can't wait until my three year old can get out there and hunt. I have spent a lot of time in that unit and have seen lots of antelope over the years. Good Luck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 6 Posts
    I appreciate any help you can send my way. I have hunted antelope quite a number of times, mostly in Wyoming, so I feel I can judge antelope fairly well. I just have never hunted Juniper. We've hunted West Beatys and South Wagontire in the past.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    IWell UH,I'm certain a man with your experiance will find a very nice buck for your son. I've never been on an antelope hunt, I hope I know what I'm doing out there. I never sheep hunted before I drew that tag either, but it turned out ok. One good thing about the unit I drew is it's close to home, I'm in it in about an hour. Judging them is the thing I worry most about, the differance between a good buck and a realy nice buck is hard to tell. I have seen a couple "Holy S..t" bucks in my life, I hope to fine one of those!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats to all you guys that drew tags. I can't wait to see all the pics.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    IWell UH,I'm certain a man with your experiance will find a very nice buck for your son. I've never been on an antelope hunt, I hope I know what I'm doing out there. I never sheep hunted before I drew that tag either, but it turned out ok. One good thing about the unit I drew is it's close to home, I'm in it in about an hour. Judging them is the thing I worry most about, the differance between a good buck and a realy nice buck is hard to tell. I have seen a couple "Holy S..t" bucks in my life, I hope to fine one of those!
    Hey Timber. Pick up Mike Eastmans book. I got it before I went to WY in 2009. It was worth the price just for the judging section and a great overall read. Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My son and I drew Interstate deer, no elk, no sheep, no goat, whats new!!!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    Hey Timber. Pick up Mike Eastmans book. I got it before I went to WY in 2009. It was worth the price just for the judging section and a great overall read. Good luck on your hunt!
    I picked that one up a coulple years ago, it's just a little difficult when you don't get your hands on many. It does help give me some things to help out though. Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    I picked that one up a coulple years ago, it's just a little difficult when you don't get your hands on many. It does help give me some things to help out though. Thanks
    Just remember mass, mass, and more mass! Don't make the same mistake I did and shoot a 15" buck without looking at him from multiple angles. The buck I shot did go 15" but was super thin horned. I only looked at him from the front. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    My buddy in Wyoming drew his OIL Cali Sheep Tag for 570 B2 (E Beatys Butte/Alvord Peaks) that runs from 9/3-9/16. Any of you guys out that way that would care to chime in for areas to hone in on would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be quite a two or three week period because he already had drawn an archery bull elk tag for ne Nevada above Elko. It looks like we'll go to Oregon before Labor Day to scout and concentrate on taking a decent ram the first week and then head for Nevada for whatever time we have left in an attempt to fill that elk tag before that season ends on the 16th. Life is good!