Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cameras

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like the pictures of the 2 bulls in the wallow. Have you guys ever lost/stolen any of your cameras?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Like the pictures of the 2 bulls in the wallow. Have you guys ever lost/stolen any of your cameras?
    I got 130 pictures of those two fighting in that wallow that day. It went on for 1 1/2 hours and one of them broke off a tine in the battle. Trail cameras are a lot of fun!

I've never had one stolen but I am pretty careful about where I hang them. One big advantage I like about the little Bushnell is they are easy to hide and easy to hang from an overhead position making them even harder to spot. I've got locking bear boxes for the Cuddebacks that would make them a little bit of trouble to steal but the best security is not having the cam seen. Bears do love to chew on cameras so if your in bear country and hanging one down where they can get at them they will. They can bust a camera open and ruin it in a hurry. I've never had a bear climb for the Bushnell so I think it has to do with them being at ear level and the bears hearing the camera because they almost always stick their nose in a cam at ground level.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a Reconyx RC45 and two of the Scout Guards, also an old 35mm. The above post has it explained correctly.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yes.....hince why I don't purchase a cam that is over $100....just not worth looseing something that expensive.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have three Cuddeback Capture IR cameras. I have had great luck so far. This year my hunting partner is going to try a Bushnell Trophy 8MP. Can't wait to see how the pictures turn out as well as the video. I'm thinking about trying one myself this year. As far as the bears, if you have them around you should think about a bear box. We had a blacky tear up a stealth cam a couple of years ago. No matter what you choose they are alot of fun. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I recently became a dealer for Scoutguard after doing some testing. The trigger fast and the batteries last a long time, usually around 6 months. They take great video with sound. I use them for grafitti captures. One of them has a completely dark IR illuminator.
    I haven't used them for animals yet other than my local Blacktails. Under 200 bucks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought 2 cuddeback captures last year and were really impressed with them.They do everything I need and will work during the cold months of fall/winter here in Alberta.Only problem I had was with the mem cards and this has been fixed by buying 1g cuddeback cards.Not many cams will perform in -40 and this is when the biggest buck pics are taken every year.Me and my friends just purchased 20 and I will be running 8 this year.I have never found that the flash scares animals so this is what i usually buy because IR has to grainy of night pics.Here is some Alberta bucks.The last two pics are ones my buddy got and I have never seen pics of two bigger bucks traveling together anywhere.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 3 Posts
    Can't go wrong with a Moultrie... Here's a couple pictures I've gotten with Moultries. I love them...

Last edited by hubba20; 05-15-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have used Cudde back. Like the quality great trigger speed. My is a couple years old and I always thought it was lacking in features and pretty expensive. I have a Moultrie that's are pretty good. Features I would make sure your get is multiple shots per tricker and Video. Battery life on both of these were great.

I agree Flash really doesn't scare animals much and infra red are the best pictures.

Stay away from wildview there junk !!
    Last edited by Skybuster1329; 05-14-2011 at 12:10 AM.