Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSZ View Post
    I'll have to try the mothballs and see if they work on the mice.
    Mothballs will absolutely work on snakes, mice, rats, etc.. Had to use those on our lake house in Louisiana. Mice got into the house, and the snakes followed the mice. Never actually saw a snake in the house, but found a couple of 6'+ snake skins inside. If you can find the entry point, close up the opening, otherwise, the infestation may re-occur once the mothball perfume wears off. Ground mothballs are what is sold as "snake repellent" by many stores.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    The University of Google suggests that I can get a peice of plywood and coat it with Trapper glue adhesive, the same glue used to make mouse glue traps. It says that if a snake tries to crosss the plywood it gets stuck just like a mouse. I'm planning an all out assault, probably use a combination of glue boards, moth balls, .22 bird shot, and some kind of fumagation.
    Man that would be fun to see! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That sticky board sounds good to me...had a small gardener snake in my basement bedroom as a kid get stuck to those sticky traps we used to capture bugs. He was definately stuck with no hope of getting away up until the point I contacted him with the 12 gauge...which proved to be plenty of power to remove the snake from the sticky trap.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    The University of Google suggests that I can get a peice of plywood and coat it with Trapper glue adhesive, the same glue used to make mouse glue traps. It says that if a snake tries to crosss the plywood it gets stuck just like a mouse. I'm planning an all out assault, probably use a combination of glue boards, moth balls, .22 bird shot, and some kind of fumagation.
    That stuff sounds like it would make for some good entertainment...chairs, floors, etc, depending on how hard is is to clean off.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    Mothballs will absolutely work on snakes, mice, rats, etc.. Had to use those on our lake house in Louisiana. Mice got into the house, and the snakes followed the mice. Never actually saw a snake in the house, but found a couple of 6'+ snake skins inside. If you can find the entry point, close up the opening, otherwise, the infestation may re-occur once the mothball perfume wears off. Ground mothballs are what is sold as "snake repellent" by many stores.
    We have a doggy door where they get in the house occasionally and they're getting into the garage regularly, so I'll play around with some mothball deployment methods.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site