Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Is There Anyone One On This Forum That Makes A Living On Hunting &Fishing

    I have always Loved the Out Doors and Wonder the different things you could possible do with It to make a living. Anything from Guiding to Retail and Anything in between...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    1,529
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 173 Times in 133 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't personally, but have a cpl friends who are ranch managers and make a decent living with a house to live in. They get to hunt, trap, guide, fish about 250 days a year.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very Nice... Theirs not anything wrong with that....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    1,529
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 173 Times in 133 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Takes a special kind of woman to go along with their lifestyle though.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 155 Times in 101 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Takes a special kind of woman to go along with their lifestyle though.
    A rich woman.

    I dabble in the retail world. I sell vortex optics and own a website called solooutdoor.com neither of which would feed a family. Im terrible at charging enough to be considered profitable. The business pays for itself and I really enjoy talking with customers new and old about items they have purchased that helped them achieve their goals on hunts. I have alot of fun bs'n when people come over to buy optics and talking hunting with people around the globe. As much as I wish it were profitable enough to leave the day job and spend more time outdoors, I think I am at a pretty happy medium. I enjoy hard manual labor during the days, Make some side cash with the business to afford scouting trips and occasional new gear. And still have time to do what Im truly passionate about which is being a father and a husband. Ive played both sides of the spectrum chasing the "ultimate hunting job" but really I have found that the time in the woods I have to work hard for to be there, makes it much more enjoyable while im there.
    Last edited by hardstalk; 06-24-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 120 Times in 96 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    A rich woman.

    I dabble in the retail world. I sell vortex optics and own a website called solooutdoor.com neither of which would feed a family. Im terrible at charging enough to be considered profitable. The business pays for itself and I really enjoy talking with customers new and old about items they have purchased that helped them achieve their goals on hunts. I have alot of fun bs'n when people come over to buy optics and talking hunting with people around the globe. As much as I wish it were profitable enough to leave the day job and spend more time outdoors, I think I am at a pretty happy medium. I enjoy hard manual labor during the days, Make some side cash with the business to afford scouting trips and occasional new gear. And still have time to do what Im truly passionate about which is being a father and a husband. Ive played both sides of the spectrum chasing the "ultimate hunting job" but really I have found that the time in the woods I have to work hard for to be there, makes it much more enjoyable while im there.
    Yeah... Your prices are little low... Go ahead and keep it that way though, I'm gonna need one of those little 50mm Vortex spotters sooner or later!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 155 Times in 101 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Yeah... Your prices are little low... Go ahead and keep it that way though, I'm gonna need one of those little 50mm Vortex spotters sooner or later!
    What did your good boy box consist of? Forgot to follow up with ya.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with the Special Type of Women....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 120 Times in 96 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    What did your good boy box consist of? Forgot to follow up with ya.
    A hat, shirt, bino harness and a lens cleaning kit. Not bad, considering they really didn't need to do it.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N. CA
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    I get to go to work at KUIU every day, loving every minute of it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What does everyone do for a living?
    By Multi-SpeciesHunter in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 07:19 PM
  2. Hunting With Someone You Meet On a Hunting Forum...
    By Multi-SpeciesHunter in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 07:24 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
  5. New to the forum, hunting D7 and D8
    By JMSZ in forum California
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •