Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I second the Blackhawk holster (for .40 Glock), slips right on the waist belt of my Mystery Ranch Crew Cab. It is very stable, comfortable, and accessible.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have been using a Nimrod pack system for the last three years and I love it. They have a holster that compliments the pack system very well and it has a nice big flap that covers the weapon very well. It is really nice when you are crawling through the tangled mess we have here on the oregon coast.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've used the safe packer and found it to be a bit large and clumsy. I've tried hip holsters on the hip belt but then if you set the pack down the pistol is not accessible. Wearing a holster under the belt is uncomfortable and limits access.

The best method I've found is the HPG Kit Bag. Basically a chest pack for your possibles plus very secure and fast access for pistols sized up to a 4" barrel N frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paradox Packs
    Ultralight Hunting Backpacks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I run a Simply Rugged Chesty Puller for my S&W 4" 629. It's adjustable as to where it rides, on your just or side. I can't say enough about Rob's work as I own several pieces of his gun leather. Prices are very fair for high quality leather.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140521_205117.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	10593

I went back and fourth on ways to carry and ended up with this. It's an osprey pack that I took to a leather repair guy who sewed on a strap on the side of the hipbelt. The holster is custom made kydex with 1.5" belt loops. It sits far enough back that it is out of the way but still available when needed. I simply take the holster off when I get to where I am going and put it on my regular belt when not wearing a pack. It's gen3 glock 20 chambered in 10mm, it also has a streamlight TLR-2s on it and night sights.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    For me it depends on the handgun. For the most part I tend to prefer a chest holster or crossdraw when out in the mountains. It seems to stay out of my way better than a traditional belt type holster.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wear a simple leather belt with my Ruger Alaskan II .44Mag on my left hip (crossdraw) and a can of bear spray on my right hip. The belt rides lower than the hip belts on all my packs and does not get in the way. I did not want the Ursus Redirectional Devices on my pack because I'm not always wearing my pack. However, the belt can be quickly and quietly removed when I'm sitting and glassing or laying down to rest or riding in the truck or wherever those things get in the way, without taking off the belt holding up my pants. I've come to the conclusion that there is not a great way to carry a handgun and to just deal with a certain amount of discomfort and aggravation.